• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Red Hot & Blue Viewing Party - Tomorrow at 8pm

bigdeac2013

Reaction score
Winston-Salem, N.C., September 5, 2013 – Red Hot & Blue announced today it has reached a multi-year sponsor agreement with IMG College, the nation’s leading collegiate marketing firm, to support Wake Forest football and basketball.

The initiative gives Red Hot & Blue, a regional chain famous for barbeque, burgers and blues, the opportunity to gain valuable exposure among the thousands of Wake Forest fans in the Winston-Salem area and beyond by offering a central viewing location for all away games.

“This is an exciting partnership that allows us to continue to support Wake Forest football and basketball,” said Red Hot & Blue CEO and Wake Forest alum John Walker (’81). “I’m a huge Wake Forest fan. Our family moved here six years ago to be closer to Wake Forest and Wake sports so I’m proud that Red Hot & Blue is supporting my alma mater in this way.”

As part of the new partnership, the restaurant which is located at 613 Deacon Boulevard adjacent to BB&T Field and the Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum has planned special viewing parties for all away games. In addition to eight televisions mounted throughout the restaurant, games will be projected onto a 120-inch screen. All who attend the away game parties will have the chance to win Wake Forest and Red Hot & Blue merchandise and Red Hot & Blue gift cards during the game and at the end of the night. Fans will also be entered to win larger, end-of-the-season prizes like a $500 Red Hot & Blue catered event and autographed Wake Forest memorabilia.

---more---

Deacon football viewing parties will be held at Red Hot & Blue on Deacon Boulevard on the following dates:
• Friday, September 6
• Saturday, September 21
• Saturday September 28
• Saturday, October 26
• Saturday November 2
• Saturday, November 30

Game night specials will be posted each game day on the local Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/redhotandbluewinston.

“Red, Hot & Blue is an ideal partner for Wake Forest Athletics, whether it is providing a place to watch away games, providing barbecue for tailgates at home football games or selling sandwiches at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum they are always exploring exciting ways in which they can help improve the fan experience,” said Trey Copeland associate general manager Wake Forest IMG Sports Marketing.

“We are Proud to be your home when the Demon Deacons are away,” said Walker. “We are hopeful that this renewed partnership with IMG College/Wake Forest sports will give local Deacon fans a destination where they can meet up with like minded friends and fans throughout football and basketball seasons.”

More information about the partnership can be found at the Wake Forest Sports website.
Red Hot & Blue has been headquartered in Winston-Salem since 2006. The restaurant on Deacon Blvd opened in 2011.

I notice that they are not doing this for basketball season.

So is this just for the one in the dash or will the rest of the chain also be doing this?

Drink all you want, but I wouldn't eat anything from this place. We went there after fan fest and the whole family had the shits for 2 days.

Why would a business pay a premium to a university's agent for viewing parties when any business can do the exact same thing for $0.00 and pocket the difference?

I like the food and have had no problems. Plus the chain is run by a WFU alum. If I didn't live an hour away, I'd be there.

So is this just for the one in the dash or will the rest of the chain also be doing this?

There are no Wake alumni or fans outside of Winston-Salem or North Carolina so it's probably just the Dash.

All bullshit aside, it's cool that they're doing this. Don't know how or if it will work out but kudos.

The food there is terrible. I usually am alright with meh food, but this place reaches a new level of LORHB.

I'll co-sign the fact that their food is hot garbage. Eat before you get there and just drink their beer. Or go watch at a real sports bar (does Winston have any of those?)

I ate there after a game last year and thought it was fine. Then again, I was somewhat inebriated.

I wonder if this affects the radio shows at the other shitty bbq place?

i never thought the food was bad from the one in raleigh.

Isnt it different from Lexington style? Could be the reason for the bad comments.

Last edited:
Anyone know of a bar in Charlotte that will have the game with volume? Pretty pathetic if we can't get one to play it in possibly the highest fan-base outside of Winston. Also sad that there has been no chatter, unless I missed it.

Isnt it different from Lexington style? Could be the reason for the bad comments.

RH&B is a big chain based on Memphis Style BBQ, they just add a couple regional style items to the menu to please locals.

Back