• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Three Days in New Orleans

dashionista

Reaction score
Pit, I'm going to New Orleans Wednesday-Saturday (KBD is coming too)

Any restaurants, sites, shops or whatever else we shouldn't miss? We've both been before, he loves creole food and i love sweets (we're hitting up cafe du monde for beignets and coffee one morning for sure).

Fill us in!

If you are into cocktails, go to bar tonique or the carousel bar at hotel monteleone. I would definitely go to Coops Place. And last time i was there, i went to a newish restaurant called SoBou that was good.

http://www.sobounola.com/

I am going with a biggish group in November for my bday. The one place I have been told to hit is the Pelican Club. More of a locals place but the food is supposed to be outstanding. I am also going to look into John Folse newish spot Restaurant Revolution (with Chef Tramonto). Sounds to good to be true.

Gautreau's
Jacques
NOLA (better than Emeril's IMO)
Redemption

Oh shit, is KickBallDeac going to finally pop the question?

seeing as we've only been back together for like 3 months, proooobs not.

I am not sure if I am intrigued or terrified by the prospect of Dash planning a wedding on the boards.

tumblr_lq9sriYuns1r1is3ko1_500.gif

Excited_Naomi.gif

501fa__anigif_enhanced-buzz-30160-1378237792-6.gif

and just because when i googled "excited bride gif", this is what i got:
tumblr_m050ttMuk31qcwph1o1_500.gif

#UNCLEJESSE #LETMEBEYOURAUNTBECKY

Yeah make sure to put a fresh shave before you go, you never quite know the layout the shower at your hotel will be and you don't want to sandpaper his tongue.

This is basically just the FQ and the Marigny:

coffee -
spitfire -- on st. peter btw chartres and royal (627 Saint Peter st.). kinda hard to find, can't recommend enough.
orange couch -- in the marigny, makes for a cool little walk from the fq.

breakfast --
satsuma - organicy hipster joint in the marigny
elizabeths - nola style country breakfast in bywater
stanley - traditional nola spot in on jackson square
cake cafe - hipster spot in marigny w good fresh eats.
eat -- louisiana country type food but fancy, very authentic. in the fq.

lunch --
Green Goddess - awesome organic local cuisine in the quarter
Cochon Butcher - great sandwiches and house made charcuterie
Eat -- see above
Cafe Amelie - oudoor courtyard dinning in fq. really cool atmosphere. great local french style food. call ahead.
Peche - great seafood / raw bar, warehouse dist
Root - more of a gastronomy / fancy louisiana. for foodies.
maurepas - great organic local seasonal cuisine in the bywater. upscale hipster fine dinning. great cocktails
killer poboys - inside Erin Rose bar in fq. great upscale non-traditional poboys on bahn mi bread
cowbell - great burger and food. far uptown, worth it if you want to walk around Oak st. and see some of Carrolton

dinner --
cane and table - caribbean type food on lower decatur
three muses - good tapas on frenchmen st w/ live music - no reservations but cool if you can get a table
maurepas - see above
Revolution - where i would go for fine dinning. can also order full menu in the bar, less stuffy.
SoBou - gastronomy foodie meets louisiana food in W Hotel French Quarter.
Patois - contemporary french. far uptown, but worth it.

drinks --
sylvain - craft cocktails. best in town. make their own cola as well.
bar tonique - craft cocktails, huge menu. great stuff. not the safest part of the fq - cab to and from after midnight (fine to walk to except for late night)
cane and table - boat-drink style (caribbean) craft cocktails, very good
dba - on frenchmen, live music
yuki - cool out of the way japanese spot on frenchmen, good dj's
three muses - live jazz on frenchmen
hi-ho lounge - hipster bar off st. claude. cab.
chart room - cool locals spot in fq. cheap drinks.
bacchanal - outdoor wine bar with great atmosphere in the bywater. great out of the way locals spot.

music
dba, three muses, balcony music club, spotted cat, preservation hall, one eyed jacks, maple leaf

history -
cabildo museum. they also have those haunted history fq tours, and ghost tours that leave from flannagins pub in fq. there are also more serious/historical walking tours of the fq and lower garden district that you might want to look into.

coffee -
spitfire -- on st. peter btw chartres and royal (627 Saint Peter st.). kinda hard to find, can't recommend enough.

breakfast --

lunch --
Eat -- see above
Cafe Amelie - oudoor courtyard dinning in fq. really cool atmosphere. great local french style food. call ahead.
maurepas - great organic local seasonal cuisine in the bywater. upscale hipster fine dinning. great cocktails
killer poboys - inside Erin Rose bar in fq. great upscale non-traditional poboys on bahn mi bread
cowbell - great burger and food. far uptown, worth it if you want to walk around Oak st. and see some of Carrolton

dinner --
three muses - good tapas on frenchmen st w/ live music - no reservations but cool if you can get a table
maurepas - see above
Revolution - where i would go for fine dinning. can also order full menu in the bar, less stuffy.

drinks --
bar tonique - craft cocktails, huge menu. great stuff. not the safest part of the fq - cab to and from after midnight (fine to walk to except for late night)
bacchanal - outdoor wine bar with great atmosphere in the bywater. great out of the way locals spot.

music
dba, three muses, balcony music club, spotted cat, preservation hall, one eyed jacks, maple leaf

history -
cabildo museum. they also have those haunted history fq tours, and ghost tours that leave from flannagins pub in fq. there are also more serious/historical walking tours of the fq and lower garden district that you might want to look into.

Do you have any specific recommendations for the best, most romantic spot where KickBallDeac can ask Dashionista to become his wife?

Scotch House for fried chicken....maybe the best in the world...

I love that both of the reps I received regarding the Dash wedding used the word "trainwreck"

coffee -

breakfast --

lunch --
Eat -- see above

dinner --
maurepas - see above

drinks --

music

history -

this is awesome, thanks!

I love that both of the reps I received regarding the Dash wedding used the word "trainwreck"

and wow, you people are nice. literally just asking for some travel recco's here (which usually the pit is great for... as evidenced above)

Back