• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

i definitely agree with his points. i still think it's a fucking awesome show. his critiques are what separate it from BB, but it's still entertaining as hell. it won't be able to get to 5 incredible seasons this way, but i don't think that's what it's striving for.

I thought the premise was that each season was a new cast.

I wanna know how the hell WH found MM in 90 seconds. I realize he said to listen to the police scanners, but the police had only just arrived and Beaumont isn't exactly a small town. How the heck did he even know where to go? Not like he had a GPS in his car.

I wanna know how the hell WH found MM in 90 seconds. I realize he said to listen to the police scanners, but the police had only just arrived and Beaumont isn't exactly a small town. How the heck did he even know where to go? Not like he had a GPS in his car.

Didn't he give Marty an exact intersection to be at in 90 seconds?

I thought the premise was that each season was a new cast.

i didn't realize that. it defs doesnt seem like its going for BB or the like, and that's why, while i agree with his critiques, is till love the show. not every show needs to be the sopranos or bb.

the show is definitely intended to change characters/storyline each season. the creator/writer does it all himself and is currently writing for a second season that has not yet been picked up (i assume it will be).

My wife pointed out , ie told me, that when mrs hart told cohle in the diner that he must have been a terrible husband, she must have a crush on him because a woman would not be that mean to a guy they don't care about.

My wife pointed out , ie told me, that when mrs hart told cohle in the diner that he must have been a terrible husband, she must have a crush on him because a woman would not be that mean to a guy they don't care about.

...aaaaaaaand that's why I don't get chicks. Married to one. Doesn't mean I understand the species.

oh, she DEFINITELY has a crush on cohle

i actually thought at the diner that cohle was trying to slip her the d at first

i definitely agree with his points. i still think it's a fucking awesome show. his critiques are what separate it from BB, but it's still entertaining as hell. it won't be able to get to 5 incredible seasons this way, but i don't think that's what it's striving for.

I don't disagree with his points, but he offers them as reasons why he dislikes the show. Those reasons do not prevent me from enjoying the show. I like it for different reasons than I liked Breaking Bad.

That's what sort of confused me about his viewpoint. He says it's the same old rehash of testosterone, violent, dark TV but then goes into all the reasons why it's different than everything else. Not sure I understand how both could be true.....almost as if he just has one little thing about it that really really bothers him.

This was my point. He offers contentions to suggest it's somewhat contrived or lacks uniqueness, yet he doesn't offer examples of shows that executed these things well.

it defs doesnt seem like its going for BB or the like, and that's why, while i agree with his critiques, is till love the show. not every show needs to be the sopranos or bb.

Sorry, didn't get far enough down. I agree with this, which is why I had contention with his review.

oh, she DEFINITELY has a crush on cohle

i actually thought at the diner that cohle was trying to slip her the d at first

Agree with the first part. I don't think cohle has any interest in developing a relationship with anyone, especially a woman. He realizes this and is able to keep his distance.

That scene was unbelievable and hasn't gotten enough attention. Cohle insisting that all that matters are the kids and Maggie dropping that bomb on him really fucked him up I think

This show has it all, great tits and great action.

Using my "famous actor is the killer" theory, you gotta think that Eli from Boardwalk Empire is a big time suspect. Sweet sideburns tho.

Did we ever figure out if the vic in 2012 is someone we know?

Just read the Comcast descriptions for the next two episodes. Ep 6 really has an interesting "narrator."

My theory on the breasts is that they are real but have been lifted.

wat, they're totally real/untouched.

I don't see how that much girth can be held up like that, does she do a lot of rows or something to keep that muscle strong? I mean they are just delightful.

Back