• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

How do we know that the guy Hart shot in the head was Ledoux?

There was a picture drawn of him earlier. The show is moving toward a great conspiracy of powerful men. These men are powerful enough to kill investigations (Report made in error, new task force) and operate with impunity. I think Cohle is operating in deep cover to bust it wide open (that is why he was in Lake Charles).

Pulled this from the Suque. I think we are going to find that Marty's FIL is involved as one of the "big" guys. His daughter clearly has issues (Goth, weird piictures she was drawing). She either observed something or has the wacko genes (or both).

LmlOJdu.jpg

I'm willing to bet she's been abused by the FIL.

I think we are going to find that Marty's FIL is involved as one of the "big" guys. His daughter clearly has issues (Goth, weird piictures she was drawing). She either observed something or has the wacko genes (or both).
Someone suggested Marty a couple weeks ago and I agree. That "crime" scene people talked about the kids re-enacting with the dolls doesn't look like a dead body, it looks like sex. The kids must have seen something. And now Marty talks about the sin of not being "attentive"...not hiding his actions well enough perhaps? Maybe Cohle has been undercover all along. It was always a bit weird to me that he asked his superiors in the State of Texas for a job in homicide..and all they had was Louisiana.

I looked last night and didn't see it. Plus when they talked about the evidence that linked the cases, they only said the stick figures and LSD, no mention of a similar tattoo.

Yeah just rewatched and didn't see it, thought that sore spot on his back was the tattoo when I first watched it I think.

This is pretty funny though (on the left is Ledoux's chest):

EUXTQYS.jpg

though it's really closer to the

tz3Y6AS.jpg

Yeah just rewatched and didn't see it, thought that sore spot on his back was the tattoo when I first watched it I think.

This is pretty funny though:

EUXTQYS.jpg

though it's really closer to the

tz3Y6AS.jpg
OMG....hahahahaha. That's awesome.

Another hint that Hart's daughter has been abused?

3OVWOBL.png

all these clues, plus the daughter was drawing all of those sex pictures when she was little too:

K86bEff.png

There is a lot of speculation that he is in the cult and is responsible for her abuse.

I don't buy that Marty's FIL, who we've seen for 30 seconds so far, is involved. And I don't think that the stuff wrong with his daughter has anything to do with the cult or whoever is conducting these murders. It doesn't seem like these guys are into domestic child abuse, more along the lines of ritualistic sacrifice that they make sure only takes place in extremely isolated places.

The reason we're being shown all of this stuff going on in Marty's home is because it has (and will) be responsible for his career falling apart. It also plays into the theme of life being circular and everything repeating itself.

I don't buy that Marty's FIL, who we've seen for 30 seconds so far, is involved. And I don't think that the stuff wrong with his daughter has anything to do with the cult or whoever is conducting these murders. It doesn't seem like these guys are into domestic child abuse, more along the lines of ritualistic sacrifice that they make sure only takes place in extremely isolated places.

The reason we're being shown all of this stuff going on in Marty's home is because it has (and will) be responsible for his career falling apart. It also plays into the theme of life being circular and everything repeating itself.

there's definitely something to it. the gang bang dolls and the sex drawings infer that she knows/has seen something disturbing. the acting out as a teenager just confirms it.

whether or not its the FIL is a mystery to be determined.

i am starting to get worried that this season will end completely open ended since that would fit in with some of the philosophical theories cohle throws around.

at the 22 second mark, who is the girl in her panties?

Ledoux death scene. Where is the spiral tattoo? I still thing Charlie Lang's story was planted, at least in part.

at the 22 second mark, who is the girl in her panties?

Probably the cause of the ultimate end of Marty's marriage, at least that's what the trailer sequence leads you to believe. It doesn't look like his goth daughter.

Look at the picture above. One of the girl's drawings was the spiral.

I can't watch the trailer atm, but it's probs what Brangus said or maybe (more of a stretch) the girl that was killed in the Lake Charles case?

OeOFwWU.jpg

We'll see. I think all the stuff that points to Hart or his daughters being involved is nothing more than a distraction. Its placed in there to confuse us and get all the reddit conspiracy theorists all worked up. And to emphasize the entire theme of the show, which is that life is a pre-destined curse, always doomed to repeat itself. SS does a much better job than I did of summarizing this.

And Horseface (Shannon Sharpe) I completely agree with your statement. That's why I think we see all of this stuff, not because his daughters are a part of it.

it looks to me like the scar on his back WAS the spiral tattoo. perhaps that plays in to the symbol causing mind control, so ledoux thinks by burning it off he'll be freed?

Back