• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

look at the 2:37 mark of the YT. that's clearly a circle-shaped scar.

how do we know it's a brand over a scar? a brand of what? it just looks like scarring in a circle to me.

my buddy told me that the next true detective is his favorite of the season

I watched episode 5 tonight with RDToy. As soon as she went to bed I watched it again. This series is my favorite thing that's happened on TV in a long time. As soon as all the episodes are out, I'm going to watch them all in a row again.

LirPg6f.jpg

it's all going to lead up to this...

Do y'all think both Hart and Cohle survive this? I see a reunion, eventual forgiveness, they work together one last time, one of them is fatally wounded solving it and the other lives on.

"We'll do this again."

Yeah, the True Detective subreddit has a thread on it. Jesus these guys don't miss much.

LirPg6f.jpg
The Devil's Nets were in a circle like that in the end of that episode. Didn't notice that until I caught the end last night.

When was the Yellow King first mentioned and who brought it up?

Last edited:

Ledoux death scene. Where is the spiral tattoo? I still thing Charlie Lang's story was planted, at least in part.

Don't know about the spiral tattoo, but he definitely says "you're in Carcosa now." He also references black stars.

"Cassilda's song" from the King in Yellow play (per wikipedia)

Along the shore the cloud waves break,
The twin suns sink behind the lake,
The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is
Lost Carcosa.
Songs that the Hyades shall sing,
Where flap the tatters of the King,
Must die unheard in
Dim Carcosa.
Song of my soul, my voice is dead,
Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Really seems like Maggie and/or Maggie's family is somehow involved. Also, that Rust went back undercover 2002-2012. Can't wait to see his storage unit….

WOW. If they really went this deep w/ this show, I'm so impressed. its like LOST on steroids.

Oh crap. I have this poster on my wall at work and just realized......

30tjam8.jpg

Back