• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Oh crap. I have this poster on my wall at work and just realized......

30tjam8.jpg

LOL this show is fucking with us all. Like watching a play that induces despair or madness to all who view it...hey, wait a second...

LOL this show is fucking with us all. Like watching a play that induces despair or madness to all who view it...hey, wait a second...

yeah, I've been obsessively looking up different theories over the past week. I'm really hoping this does't end with Cohle tapping on the lens of the camera and addressing us, the audience, the true detective.

Now I am reading theories that when Hart says "it was right under my nose" he is referring to his family. as in the cult is a religious female cult in which Maggie has been apart of. 5 main in families are apart of in and Maggie was exposed to it (by her father) and there daughter was as well.

Now I am reading theories that when Hart says "it was right under my nose" he is referring to his family. as in the cult is a religious female cult in which Maggie has been apart of. 5 main in families are apart of in and Maggie was exposed to it (by her father) and there daughter was as well.

Bro you can't be more than two clicks away from a 9/11 truther site at this point. Take a step back.

Bro you can't be more than two clicks away from a 9/11 truther site at this point. Take a step back.

lol hahahahahahahaha. Alex Jones presents: "The Secrets behind the secrets of 9/11: The twin towers that never existed."

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/true-detective-precap-a-million-yellow-kings-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin/

"Sometime around four o’clock last Monday morning, after hours of poring over posts on /r/TrueDetective, I managed to get ahold of myself. I had gotten about 50 pages into Thomas Ligotti’s profoundly dark The Conspiracy Against the Human Race. I had analyzed dozens of stills from various episodes of the show. Is that a spiral? Is that a Cthulhu tattoo on Reggie Ledoux’s chest? Does the last shot of Episode 5 mean Cohle is being framed, or do the black star drawings and ruined school represent Carcosa or, more meta still, am I, as a viewer, in the fourth dimension looking down on a flattened circle? Is Marty the Yellow King? It was beginning to get out of hand.

Then, I remembered the last time I felt this way: Lost. Hours wasted trying to interpret arcane number theory, clicking through page upon page upon thread upon thread of forum posts. Workdays down the drain in a torrent of heated text, email, and instant message exchanges. No, never again."

Was just talking to a friend whose opinion I used to respect that called True Detective "boring" and Breaking Bad "predictable". What's predictable is that his favorite shows are Dexter and Psych. Idiot.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/true-detective-precap-a-million-yellow-kings-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin/

"Sometime around four o’clock last Monday morning, after hours of poring over posts on /r/TrueDetective, I managed to get ahold of myself. I had gotten about 50 pages into Thomas Ligotti’s profoundly dark The Conspiracy Against the Human Race. I had analyzed dozens of stills from various episodes of the show. Is that a spiral? Is that a Cthulhu tattoo on Reggie Ledoux’s chest? Does the last shot of Episode 5 mean Cohle is being framed, or do the black star drawings and ruined school represent Carcosa or, more meta still, am I, as a viewer, in the fourth dimension looking down on a flattened circle? Is Marty the Yellow King? It was beginning to get out of hand.

Then, I remembered the last time I felt this way: Lost. Hours wasted trying to interpret arcane number theory, clicking through page upon page upon thread upon thread of forum posts. Workdays down the drain in a torrent of heated text, email, and instant message exchanges. No, never again."

I don't think it will be this lame, but I am skeptical that the conclusion will be satisfying. I'm digging the philosophical musings thus far, but will there be a payoff? I'm not so sure. Nonetheless, my body is ready for the ride.

Everything the writer has indicated is that the conclusion is not a mind fuck, its a pretty simple answer to the questions

But who knows

Everything the writer has indicated is that the conclusion is not a mind fuck, its a pretty simple answer to the questions

But who knows

sources. …… ……SOURCES NOW MOTHERFUCKER OR PARISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was just talking to a friend whose opinion I used to respect that called True Detective "boring" and Breaking Bad "predictable". What's predictable is that his favorite shows are Dexter and Psych. Idiot.

You need a better class of friends.

I have heard quite a few people call the show boring. I just don't understand that. It's like wearing a Duke shirt in public. I'm automatically going to look down on you.

I have heard quite a few people call the show boring. I just don't understand that. It's like wearing a Duke shirt in public. I'm automatically going to look down on you.

Yeah, sometimes Cohle's dialogue can be a little long winded and pretentious, but the show as a whole is entertaining as hell. People who find it boring probably like reality smut shows or wring their hands over who will make the cut on American Idol. Such folks would not be compatible viewers for TD.

But who knows

That's been my guess along. Its the ultimate mind fuck, and fits perfectly with the overall theme of the show. Keep looking for the answers, until you go mad.

Its the 21st Century version of The Yellow King.

He must still be on seasons 1 - 4 in Dexter. No way anyone could watch the seasons after 4 and say with a straight face that it is better than True Detective.

Well one common prediction came true. Marty Hart's wife fucked Cohle.

Any of y'all from Louisiana by the way? Nymphomania seems common among the female persuasion in the Bayou State. (I believe everything I see on TV). But seriously we have seen a fair amount of T&A and I wish Wake women had been that aggressive back in the day.

As for the plot...where the hell are we now? He messed with Tuttle a little but I'm not sure where this episode took us other than to explain Cohle's retirement and Marty's divorce, and all that was pretty predictable. The description of the man who "made her watch"...he sounds like a monster, I admit that. But the last two episodes have a lot of work to do to wrap this up.

Any call on survival? Cohle and Marty, or just one the two? If one, who lives? I say Cohle sacrifices himself at the end of this deal, to what end I don't know yet. I think Marty survives.

By the way, although there is no history of adultery in my marriage, this was a weird episode to watch with my wife!

Back