• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Some great asses in that episode. Marty's wife has a sneaky nice tush on her.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/true-detective-precap-a-million-yellow-kings-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin/

"Sometime around four o’clock last Monday morning, after hours of poring over posts on /r/TrueDetective, I managed to get ahold of myself. I had gotten about 50 pages into Thomas Ligotti’s profoundly dark The Conspiracy Against the Human Race. I had analyzed dozens of stills from various episodes of the show. Is that a spiral? Is that a Cthulhu tattoo on Reggie Ledoux’s chest? Does the last shot of Episode 5 mean Cohle is being framed, or do the black star drawings and ruined school represent Carcosa or, more meta still, am I, as a viewer, in the fourth dimension looking down on a flattened circle? Is Marty the Yellow King? It was beginning to get out of hand.

Then, I remembered the last time I felt this way: Lost. Hours wasted trying to interpret arcane number theory, clicking through page upon page upon thread upon thread of forum posts. Workdays down the drain in a torrent of heated text, email, and instant message exchanges. No, never again."

The show that spawned a thousand google deep-dives.

Was blown away again. That fucking taillight.

Ah damn.....that fucking tv.....we knew this shit was coming.

For the preview in next week's episode, cohle told Marty "I have to show you something" and it shows Marty watching some old video and getting pretty pissed. Looks like the people that guessed his daughter was a victim, were spot on.

Rust's tail light still being broken after 10 years was an unbelievable piece of filming. Tells you all you need to know…he has been obsessively on the case.

I think Marty and Cohle have obviously been working together on the case for a number of years post Cohle's departure from the force. I also think they killed Tuttle once Marty sees that his daughter was one of the victims.

I think Marty and Cohle have obviously been working together on the case for a number of years post Cohle's departure from the force. I also think they killed Tuttle once Marty sees that his daughter was one of the victims.

At the end of the episode, when Cohle approaches Marty alongside the road, I don't think that is after Marty left his interview with the new detectives and I think it is before 2012. I'm guessing it's like 2008 or whenever Marty retires and starts his "security gig." I think they have been doing their own clandestine investigation which involves Cohle catching Marty up to date on what he has found, Cohle showing Marty the disturbing video he has discovered, the 2 breaking into Tuttle's home(s), and eventually Tuttle's death. My belief that it is not 2012 when they meet on the road is based solely off of a thermal undershirt and a what appears to be a developing mustache versus a fu manchu.

TrueDetective-2-23-14.jpg

680x478

the creator said that it was after the interviews in the Inside the Episode

I'm really hoping for some good twist in the last few episodes. If this is all about the preacher, then that's something some of you had pegged from the first episode. And frankly, it would be a bit lame to pull the Christians Are Such Hypocrites angle to such an extreme degree where you're not just making them hypocrites or bad people, but child molesting devil worshipers. I mean, c'mon.

But the acting alone is worth the price of admission. The pacing has also been exceptional when you consider that the show is so driven by dialogue. Oh, and the hot ass on display tonight...man the show hasn't disappointed in that regard.

Back