• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Did the Lawnmower guy have scars?

So from the promo of next episode, I see Cohle dressed like a ninja, I assume Marty's daughter getting her freak on for the camera, and it appears Cohle has taken Marty into his secret storage unit.

Yeah, I saw a picture that showed 1) Cohle wearing different clothes and 2) his moustache is bigger in the interview scene. FWIW. The storage shed scene is likely after the meeting before the interviews, IMO.

ETA: That picture is in this thread.

Yeah, but we know the interviews didn't take place at the same time or at the same place. Conceivably, Rusty was interviewed and then stalked Marty, knowing that he would be called in too, and then followed him from the interview. Is Marty wearing the same clothes?

The way I saw it was that it was after Hart's interview, not after Cohles. Cohle would have been hammertime after taking down a 6-er of tallboys.

The way I saw it was that it was after Hart's interview, not after Cohles. Cohle would have been hammertime after taking down a 6-er of tallboys.

And I realized that if the two detectives wanted to lock Cohle up, they would've just walked out and nailed him for DUI as soon as he left. So I presume he didn't drive away from his interview.

Hart's interview was a few days after Cohle's if you go by the timestamps on the interview tapes that appeared on screen in the first episode. I think ya'll are overthinking this (which is totally okay, because the show kicks ass and it's fun to overthink). Cohle followed Marty after his interview (in 2012) and that's when the encounter occurs (and presumably when next episode will pick up).

Interesting comment on the side about Pizzolato's deleted tweet in re: next season's lead possibilities.

that made me remember how bad unsolved mysteries was. i'm thankful for that.

Which had worse acting...Rescue 911 or Unsolved Mysteries or America's Most Wanted.

There's def a correct answer.

Unsolved Mysteries would be a sweet show to reboot. I think they did with J. Peterman but if they do it again with like Lance Reddick as host.

Anyone else having True Detective dreams? Show stays with you

Anyone else having True Detective dreams? Show stays with you

No. If that shit starts I'm going to a doctor. I can't hang with Rust Cohle for 7 hours a night. I'll turn into Reggie Ledoux (the 5'9" version).

Back