• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Now hold on - it depends on what part of the show. If it involves any (or all) of the chicks that Marty banged, then you're good. Anything else ... not so good.

And THAT would depend on which part of the screen you're looking at while Marty's banging away.

i think the feminist argument rings true. i agree with the grantland guy though that it seems to be the point. no one is really cheering for marty in his escapades. we all understand and empathize with the women in his life. i do think she's just trolling to an extent. it seems to have worked based on some of the reactions here.

in similar news, i watched last night after cooking up some greens with dinner. then i read all the hullabaloo about the role of women in the show and the recaps of the ep right before bed. i somehow managed to link the role of women in this episode (and role of women in the bayou) to how to properly cook greens in my dreams. i think i concocted scenes in the show where greens were prominent. the yellow king has it's talons in me, my friends.

for go...

lol

5310af0fd1b35.png

more here:

http://www.someecards.com/2014/02/28/true-detective-hbo-rust-cohle-matthew-mcconaughey-pickup-lines

Binge watched and caught up over the last few days. Great show. I like how when Hart gives the girl at the brothel money to do something else with her life, immediately Cohle asks him if it was a down payment... and it totally was as he starts banging the shit out of her 7 years later.

Been pushing of starting this show since the new House of Cards came out. I finally got it going and damn, it shouldn't be long before I am caught up.

Best part of the week happens in 7 hours. FWIW I am resigned to the fact that this show is not some sort of meta conspiracy tv show and that it is a basic detective noire novel playing out on screen. And I'm more than ok with that. The spaghetti monster is the lawnmower man, the yellow king is tuttle. True Detective is like route 66: the destination is not important and mostly irrelevant, it's all the beautiful and strange things you get to see along the way that make it a classic.

so the mural in the hospital where cohle visits kelly (the meth lab survivor):
tumblr_inline_n1t3kbjYQq1saia1f.png

is ALSO in hart's bedroom?!?!?!:
tumblr_inline_n1t3odcSMj1saia1f.png

That is pretty cool. Though I think the connection will end up being symbolic and not explicitly explained and not literal.

people on reddit have lots of time on their hands

ElLaEZB.png

MafS9GW.png

Sucks they got rid of Lisa's character so quick she had some really big... redeeming qualiaTITTIES.

Went back to episode 4 and looked at the lawnmower man...saw the scars. Prominent on the right side of his face. How did we miss that?

Did this guy have scars? Unclear from my TV but seemed obvious that they were trying to make it look like it was him?

Back