• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Enjoyed the first episode. My early feeling is that something is going to come back to the Governor's nephew who is the big time Reverend...

Really dug this. That scene in the car when McConaughey is giving his life philosophy was fucking great.

Loved this first episode

Makes you appreciate the acting chops of these guys when you see them in a television show

I just watched and really liked the first episode. However, I forget how much it sucks to not be able to binge watch a series that I've started and enjoy.

Loved this first episode

Makes you appreciate the acting chops of these guys when you see them in a television show

Buckets loves me.
500full.jpg

Yeah, I keep gettin' older and Buckets stays the saaaaame age...
dazed-and-confused-sasha-jenson-matthew-matthew-mcconaughey-jason-london-wiley-wiggins-pic-2.jpg

I loved when he said it was like being in a town that was dying or whatever. Harrellson's response was also great.

"...like somebody's fading memory of a town." Which, sadly, describes my native hometown perfectly. I rarely go back. And the philosophy of life...that we're an evolutionary screw up...we unfortunately became self aware and have tied that to self importance and a mistaken belief that we are special and superior to other species, and that the moral thing to do is stop reproducing and march hand in hand into extinction (that's how I recall it, could be off a bit)...cool.

A part of me agrees with everything McConaughey says in that scene in the car. Self-awareness is our greatest blessing, and our greatest curse. People generally aren't very special.

Sometimes I can be a dark mother fucker.

A part of me agrees with everything McConaughey says in that scene in the car. Self-awareness is our greatest blessing, and our greatest curse. People generally aren't very special.

Sometimes I can be a dark mother fucker.

Oooooo so dark and mysterious

McConaughey's whole dialogue inside the police station in the present is killer. Its so funny to think that this is the guy who just a decade ago was thought of a shit actor with starring roles in such cinema classics as Fool's Gold and Surfer, Dude. The last line of the first episode made my balls tingle.

Back