• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

At around 57 minutes...the color photo of the dead woman in the Manila folder in front of 2012 Rust...is it his 1995 dance partner? Is it Marty's wife? Is it a jane doe ( for now)?

i'm defs not sure. i d/l the ep, so i could go back and look next time i sit in front of the tv.

wo that's a good catch if true, might have to go back and rewatch it now.

MM is killing it. I have been underwhelmed by WH, but MM is just killing it. And Alexandra Daddario is smoking hot.

Haven't gone back to re-watch that scene but damn, Brangus is bringing it.

Do we see the present day photo in episode 3? I rewatched that scene a few times and think all the photos were from 95

I'd be a pretty surprised if the killer decided to go after MM's dance partner. It seems a little too cliche for this show. Now if MM is being interrogated for copy-catting the murders, that would be different.

"It's a form of meditation," says Rust. "I contemplate the moment in the garden, the idea of allowing your own crucifixion."
But in his world it's all just competing illusions, his as well as the tent revivalists. "We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self". "See, the preacher encourages your capacity for illusion" [same as the shrink].

And maybe our need to watch shows like True Detective.

Sort of fitting after reading some of the religion vs science argument in the Bill Nye thread........competing illusions?

I'd be a pretty surprised if the killer decided to go after MM's dance partner. It seems a little too cliche for this show. Now if MM is being interrogated for copy-catting the murders, that would be different.

i've kind of assumed this is what the detectives are questioning the two of them about. they think mm is really the killer or worked with what's his face.

well yeah there's zero doubt in mind that mm didnt kill her. i think he's being interviewed under the cops' belief that he is. i'd be surprised if wh could slip that past mm, but that would make for some next level keyser soze level shit.

It was my understanding that they were interviewing him to try to uncover info about the case or similar case. If they thought he was involved and brought him in for questioning, why would they be giving him beer?

I thought the 2 detectives were interviewing MM because the hurricane wiped out their files a few years earlier, and they wanted information on the 1995 case because a similar murder had occurred in 2012, and they had nothing to go on...

Classic police tactic to interview based on something else and get information from a suspect. Keep them from thinking that they're not a suspect and they're free to leave at any time and they don't need to Mirandize the suspect.

I caught up with the show the past two nights. I echo the fact that MM is fucking killing it, but WH is doing a bang-up job himself.

And obviously, as good as the show is, it pales in comparison to the glory that is those ta-tas.

Goddamnit, it's Cohle and Hart. Stop with the damn MM and WH shit.

And stay off my goddamned lawn.

Back