• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Whoa, didn't know Pizzolatto taught writing at UNC awhile back. I'll have to ask my comp lit friends if they know him.

ETA -- looks like he was here my first year here. Probably just a little too old for any of my friends.

PPS -- He's still in our system. Fucker never returned two books!!!

Last edited:
Goddamnit, it's Cohle and Hart. Stop with the damn MM and WH shit.

And stay off my goddamned lawn.

and they should go down with scully & mulder, cagney & lacey, mcnulty & bunk

More random Nic Pizzolatto notes: the two books are about rodeo; he lived just down the street from the first place Say Hey lived while in law school.

My current guess is Hart is the killer...he clicks out and has some mental health issues and issues with violence...the murder scene really affected him...he broke of things with Cohle in 2000 and he's divorced....is the new victim his ex...that would seem too obvious...could see them using Cohle to screw with Hart and get a confession "in a locked room" in the final episode...Hart said nobody was ever better in the the locked room than Cohle.

No way either of the detectives is the killer.

Way too simple. Read that WSJ article someone posted.

Makes much more sense that there is a rogue wing / element of that evangelical church that has turned cult and is funding and setting these up. Wouldnt surprise me if one of the church leaders is a Manson type that is filling these poor bayou kids with drugs and getting them to act out these weird killings.

He had a guy in the 90s and now he has another one.

No way either of the detectives is the killer.

Way too simple. Read that WSJ article someone posted.

Makes much more sense that there is a rogue wing / element of that evangelical church that has turned cult and is funding and setting these up. Wouldnt surprise me if one of the church leaders is a Manson type that is filling these poor bayou kids with drugs and getting them to act out these weird killings.

He had a guy in the 90s and now he has another one.

yeah this makes sense. could have actually been the gas mask dude in 1995 but now someone new has been brainwashed to do it by the real mastermind.

I've been in on the whole church plot line since they introduced that asshole.

ALSO HAPPY TRUE DETECTIVE SUNDAY. My deity speaks in less than 12 hours.

Religion is a big time theme in this show. The killer is some asshole evangelical.

I have word from someone that has seen the full season that tonight's episode is fucking insane

I have word from someone that has seen the full season that tonight's episode is fucking insane

This is probably a stupid question, but how did they watch it in advance?

Holy shit what an ending. Great buildup.

Doesn't look like we will see the most perfect boobs on this show again.

Back