• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Hart is such a fucking mess…when he went in to the biker bar, i really thought something worse was going to happen. Thought he would blow Cohle's cover.

I want to be the Michael Jordan of being a son of a bitch

Sound was so great in this episode. Loved that song during the evidence locker

The complex dialogue in 1-3 was really good but this episode was needed. I was a getting a little weary of the constant philosophical discussions with the ever looming oil refineries in the background. We needed some ass kicking and some gunfire. We got it. Marty is a self-pitying dumbass in his personal life, but don't we all know a guy like that?

Anyone else feel like Ledoux's old cellmate (Charlie?) was just a little too spot on with the narrative? Carcosa the yellow king and all that? Could be nothing to it but it seemed almost planted.

Edited to add the Wall Street Journal's episode recap. http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/02/09/true-detective-season-1-episode-4-who-goes-there-tv-recap/

Last edited:
watched the inside the ep video and apparently that last 10 minutes was a continuous shot.

Although the best line of the whole night was

"In all the dick swinging you've done you've never spotted crazy pussy? Awww man"

I was falling asleep at the end. I may have to rewatch this episode.

Sheds light on Hart's "retirement." The way he's acting means he was strongly encouraged to retire. Small towns are one thing but fucking up publicly and repeatedly has a finite limit. Not sure what they're going to do with Ginger now since he knows Cohle is a cop. They going to just hold him until they find Ledoux? Not likely. But they can't risk him sending out the alarm. And from what Hart said, the raid on Ledoux was a major operation. Lots of gray lines there. And the whole "business men worshiping Satan while sacrificing virgins" line just seems contrived. Like something out of a 1980's Baptist sermon on the evils of heavy metal.

Back