• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

And the whole "business men worshiping Satan while sacrificing virgins" line just seems contrived. Like something out of a 1980's Baptist sermon on the evils of heavy metal.
The show does a great job trolling for that reaction, that's for sure. I think they're using it for misdirection but you never know. There's so much symmetry to what they're doing.....makes the show fantastic.

Of all the replies about last night's show, I knew that would be what you'd focus on when I saw you posted a reply in the thread.

Of all the replies about last night's show, I knew that would be what you'd focus on when I saw you posted a reply in the thread.
Other than all the other cool/great shit about the show (music, plots, layers, cadence, boobs, cinematography, etc), I'm most fascinated with how they are using religion/philosophy and the reaction to it. Guess it's obvious eh?

i've been trying not to spoil too much of the season, but i have also been told that the show is now a full out sprint to the end (as opposed to the first two episodes taking awhile to build momentum)

Other than all the other cool/great shit about the show (music, plots, layers, cadence, boobs, cinematography, etc), I'm most fascinated with how they are using religion/philosophy and the reaction to it. Guess it's obvious eh?

Given your political slant, the word I would use is "predictable."

i've been trying not to spoil too much of the season, but i have also been told that the show is now a full out sprint to the end (as opposed to the first two episodes taking awhile to build momentum)

Excellent

Given your political slant, the word I would use is "predictable."
My political slant? LOL.......you mean your "illusion" of what my political slant is. Few of my views are "predictable", you've just boxed them up that way for your own consumption based on your history and beliefs. That's sorta what this show is all about.

I like the wife trying to tell Hart that the girl he was having an affair with "she was disgusting". Um no she has the greatest boobs in the state of Louisiana, I know you are upset but really you shouldnt be.

Agreed. I think women have a different definition for "disgusting" than men do.

I like the wife trying to tell Hart that the girl he was having an affair with "she was disgusting". Um no she has the greatest boobs in the state of Louisiana, I know you are upset but really you shouldnt be.

If that girl is disgusting, then you can call me Oscar the Grouch

clearly she is disgusting in that she is 1 - young - 2 hot and 3 - having affair with a married man (this last one is key)

of course points 1 and 2 outweigh that pesky affair thingy

AND she gives head. Not sure if Mrs. Hart has been down that road in some time.

I think he misses the marks with his contentions. Normally, I agree with his reviews. He never seems to suggest a similar series that does what he would consider successful.

I agree with some of his opinions, but I think he's way off on this one. And the show Girls too. I think he likes that one and I think it's a pile of shit.

i definitely agree with his points. i still think it's a fucking awesome show. his critiques are what separate it from BB, but it's still entertaining as hell. it won't be able to get to 5 incredible seasons this way, but i don't think that's what it's striving for.

i definitely agree with his points. i still think it's a fucking awesome show. his critiques are what separate it from BB.
That's what sort of confused me about his viewpoint. He says it's the same old rehash of testosterone, violent, dark TV but then goes into all the reasons why it's different than everything else. Not sure I understand how both could be true.....almost as if he just has one little thing about it that really really bothers him.

Back