• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

True Detective on HBO

Ah, I didn't catch (or forgot) that part. But yes, definitely another reason.

true detective is back, baby! First two eps were outstanding and have a bit of "West Memphis 3" feel to them.

When I saw the dolls, I was hoping Reggie Ledoux would fly in on his flat circle carcosa saucer and make an appearance.

Season 3 seems a lot like season 1

When I saw the dolls, I was hoping Reggie Ledoux would fly in on his flat circle carcosa saucer and make an appearance.

Season 3 seems a lot like season 1

Only two episodes in but so far a little too much like Season 1, to the point of being a little boring and predictable/formulaic. Kind of the like TFA copied/honored ANH. I'm sure unforeseen twists are on their way. I hope so.

Marty and Rust are too young to appear in the 1980 timeline, maybe Rust could cameo in the 1990 timeline during his undercover narc stint but unlikely.

Is good. Will watch

I'm going to stay with it out of curiosity but while this season has the darkness and haunting background of season 1, you don't have the comic relief of Marty and Rust's quips and spicy arguments and insults. This duo is steadily dark, brooding, angry and depressing.

I've laughed once in three hours of television. I know it's a haunting drama but I need some clever comic relief once in a while or I'm going to get bored and tired.

i like this season's True Detective. i am interested to see where this leads and it hinted, vaguely, about a potential bomb at the end. not sure what to make of the scene with his ex-wife in a vision...interesting!

I'm going to stay with it out of curiosity but while this season has the darkness and haunting background of season 1, you don't have the comic relief of Marty and Rust's quips and spicy arguments and insults. This duo is steadily dark, brooding, angry and depressing.

I've laughed once in three hours of television. I know it's a haunting drama but I need some clever comic relief once in a while or I'm going to get bored and tired.

Meh, its one hour a week, it's a dark show about kids getting murdered. If you need to laugh during that hour to continue to watch then maybe it isn't for you.

Season's been awesome so far, really intrigued by all the timelines and story lines. Some pretty crazy theories out there, won't post here since I'm not sure if some people don't want to hear them.

Back