• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boards Issues Lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookoutdeac

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to give everyone a head's up on the situation.

After that first Egyptian/Syria hack (through a known VBulletin vulnerability, we just hadn't upgraded in awhile) there was still some stuff left behind that allowed the second hack (today) to occur. They were both just simple changes/redirects in the template, so not really a huge deal except for the inconvenience (and sheer panic) it may have caused some of you when your bookmark started showing up as blocked at work. :willynilly:

Anyway, I believe we've patched up the hole for now by replacing some of the files on the backend, but we'll need to upgrade to a newer version of the software asap. Waiting on some info from the hosts before we can do that, but expect more downtime for that some night this week (it won't be a game night or anything). The addons are going to be disabled until then as well, so that's why your rep bars might look a little wonky in the meantime. We'll try and make an announcement before doing the upgrade, so keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for your patience!

Do we have sufficient funds to finance these repairs/upgrades?

Game day might be the day with the lowest traffic. Tyvm, Ron Wellman.

And thanks guys for keeping things running.

Should we still be PMing deacphan with our suggestions and user experiences?

Do we have sufficient funds to finance these repairs/upgrades?

Can't tell if trolling, but just in case you're not:

As far as I know our license for Vbulletin includes all the upgrades to the software as they are released. Especially ones that are security critical. It just usually involves 2-3 hours of downtime (best case, don't think it's ever actually gone that smoothly) so we don't usually upgrade unless we have to, like now.

Should we still be PMing deacphan with our suggestions and user experiences?

Absolutely, he's our PR guy on this one and is compiling all UX/UI issues and other problems into a priority list for us. Keep him appraised of any issues you have, no matter how trivial. Thanks for reminding me about that!

Yeahhhh, TW (that sneaky bastard) actually did the upgrade in the wee hours of this morning. So we're in the clear completely now (just gotta touch some things up).

Yeahhhh, TW (that sneaky bastard) actually did the upgrade in the wee hours of this morning. So we're in the clear completely now (just gotta touch some things up).

Are you guys going to change the folder colors?

Are you guys going to change the folder colors?

Yeah fo sho, it's not an easy process and none of us have had time to get around to it yet. (involves finding and pulling the picture files out of a backup somewhere and then uploading them again).

Yeah, newly posted topics aren't bumping to the top of the page.

+1

I'm also getting a database error when I post (but the post still shows up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back