• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carowinds is getting tallest, fastest, longest steel chain lift coaster in the world.

New ride coming to a new park in Orlando. Unreal.

The ride is long enough they could have more than one car on the track at a time.

Some new park called Skyplex coming up International Drive.

The ride is long enough they could have more than one car on the track at a time.

Some new park called Skyplex coming up International Drive.

Not without some braking systems throughout the ride.

I'll never have that kind of scratch, but I would be terrified to invest in an independent park in Orlando.

I agree. The market is very crowded. Even for a half day experience like this.

I would imagine such a ride has some sort of advanced breaking system. They could also have the second car wait at the top of the track until the first one finishes the ride and have another one loading.

I agree. The market is very crowded. Even for a half day experience like this.

I would imagine such a ride has some sort of advanced breaking system. They could also have the second car wait at the top of the track until the first one finishes the ride and have another one loading.

Well at least it's advanced.

The opening of the video showed at least 4 cars at a time. 1 coming into the unloading area, 2 on the tracks on the tower and one going up the elevator.

Yo Ph, how far is that park gonna be from OS/Disney?

I think about 15-30 min depending on where you are at Disney.

If I recall, the park is not the bread and butter here. This will be a HUGE shopping experience with everything from a McDonalds to upscale restaurants to every store imaginable. The coaster is just there... kind of like a Carousel at a local mall or something.

EDIT: I just found this quote...
"It will feature a concert hall, entertainment, restaurant and retail space, all 570-feet in the air."

Last edited:
So it's competing with Downtown Disney and Universal CityWalk.

It's pretty incredible!

2135333164_hillbilly_xlarge.jpeg

Back