• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carowinds is getting tallest, fastest, longest steel chain lift coaster in the world.

Was there last weekend for probably the first time in 12 years. Fury was legit. That first drop is bananas. The Intimidator was solid too. Carowinds is definitely going the way of becoming a thrill ride park instead of a theme park, but I guess to be expected after Paramount dropped it.

That's not the only ride that will be removed this year. Bumper cars, Action FX theater, and WhiteWater Falls are all on the chopping block to make way for a log flume.

That's not the only ride that will be removed this year. Bumper cars, Action FX theater, and WhiteWater Falls are all on the chopping block to make way for a log flume.

I thought they already had a log flume?

And is Action FX theater what used to be Days of Thunder and a James Bond ride at one point?

carowinds food sucks dick worse than any concession at any sporting event. least at epcot if ur willing to pay u get fed well.

carowinds food sucks dick worse than any concession at any sporting event. least at epcot if ur willing to pay u get fed well.

I'm going to assume that you have not been this year. They got an executive chef and things are insanely good. Look at Harmony Hall, for instance.

I'm going to assume that you have not been this year. They got an executive chef and things are insanely good. Look at Harmony Hall, for instance.

well-bless-your-little-heart.png

I'm taking the fam tomorrow. I haven't been since I was a young child, so any suggestions, tips, fair warnings would be helpful.

I'm taking the fam tomorrow. I haven't been since I was a young child, so any suggestions, tips, fair warnings would be helpful.

Don't ride a mega or giga coaster 3 times in a row. Last year my son and I rode the Intimidator 3 times in a row and felt pretty sick at the end.

Fury and Intimidator were awesome! I thought the parts where the coasters felt like they were hovering off of the tracks were as thrilling as the big drops. The Sheikra at Busch Gardens Fla was always my favorite coaster but I think Fury topped that one. We spent the majority of the 93 degree day at Carolina Harbor, which impressed the hell out of me. Those taller slides were scarier to me than the big coasters. Finished the night off by hopping on the Cobra, Cyclone, and Nighthawk which were all fun in different ways. Great experience, will definitely be back soon.

We took the kids to Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Water Country during our NC trip this year. Thinking about taking them to Carowinds next year. Fury is a big reason why. After doing three 200 ft coasters in the last few weeks, 325 sounds awesome.

Back