• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Would you trade Wake's FBS football status for a guaranteed annual NCAA Tourney bid?

Would you trade NCAA bid annually for FCS status?

• Total voters
I can't believe that 47 of y'all have actually enjoyed the brand of football we've thrown on the field the past two years...

No, but we've fielded a good FCS team in an above average ACC during the past two years. A lot of folks on the "I like FBS the way it is" list are the ones that honestly think the problem with our football team doesn't begin and end with Jim Grobe.

As long as Wellman, Lobo, and Grobe are still employed at Wake Forest, our teams aren't going to go over .500. Those guys obviously don't give a shit, so why should we?

No, but we've fielded a good FCS team in an above average ACC during the past two years. A lot of folks on the "I like FBS the way it is" list are the ones that honestly think the problem with our football team doesn't begin and end with Jim Grobe.

As long as Wellman, Lobo, and Grobe are still employed at Wake Forest, our teams aren't going to go over .500. Those guys obviously don't give a shit, so why should we?

Are you fucking blind?

Our recruiting would get that much worse if we were FCS.

I don't think our profile would drop all that much, tbh. If we're using retroactive hypothetical claims (like I am above), then we'd have our roster and recruits, too. I'm just saying that our teams from 2009-2013 would be good enough to compete at a high level in FCS.

Back