• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One steak per recruit

That and the fact Galloway was once attempting to show a 4-star recruit and his family the Deacon Tower. The doors to the tower were locked. Galloway found someone within the Wake AD
and requested a key so he could give a tour. He was told he didn't have permission for that kind of access.

True story.
:eek:

At least "steak" isn't in quotes.

Considering Ovations cooked them, they're probably better off eating as few as possible.

This is all part of Casstevens budget cuts. He believes "it ain't the meat, it's the motion"

Always heard we lost Galloway because we didn't feel like a big time school too. Just the little things. Rumor was he showed up on his first day of work and we didn't have a WF shirt for him to wear during practice. Way to go, athletic department.

Wake and Wellman run a laughably small time program. The difference between us and even Boston College is worlds away. I don't see how we remain in the conference.

That and the fact Galloway was once attempting to show a 4-star recruit and his family the Deacon Tower. The doors to the tower were locked. Galloway found someone within the Wake AD
and requested a key so he could give a tour. He was told he didn't have permission for that kind of access.

True story.

Culture....

True story.

Sounds like just the kind of small-minded bureaucratic non-sense I would expect from a Ron Wellman employee.

To be fair, a kid who demands more than one steak probably lacks the culture we're seeking at Wake Forest. Would fit in better at a public school.

Probably would eat it with his hands too. Culture.

This is a non-issue. Didn't we get a report that the players didn't know how to use a knife and fork? How can we expect them to eat more than one steak?

I especially don't get 1) posting this from the official football recruiting handle or 2) "the struggle is real" message that accompanies the photo.

Is it supposed to convey our players are "hungry" or something? They're junkyard dogs that have to fight to eat? Two steaks are for winners? Or something stupid like that?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure "The struggle is real" is meant to be a sarcastic phrase. I.e. "There were only two Krispy Kreme's left in the box #thestruggleisreal"

I'm pretty sure "The struggle is real" is meant to be a sarcastic phrase. I.e. "There were only two Krispy Kreme's left in the box #thestruggleisreal"

Yeah, that would be about the right level of tone-deafness.

Pregame meal? Just kidding.
BVMJa-ACQAE9g-E.jpg

There's nothing small time when it comes to Grobe or Wellman's salary. But when it comes to recruiting...

Last edited:
Alright...so this is for real? OUR OFFICIAL FOOTBALL RECRUITING TWITTER HANDLE POSTED THIS? Please tell me that didn't happen....joke right? Someone pretended to be our recruiting feed perhaps?

Back