• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One steak per recruit

The day I eat a steak out of a steam tray is the day that never happens.

So did wellman ask bzz to stand up the Nebraska coach for that steak dinner?

Wake's pre-game meal and modern use of twitter to aid in recruiting really exceeded my expectations. Our football program continues to overachieve and it is so much fun to watch Wake compete for championships!

Why not just replace the steak with chopped steaks and maybe everyone could get two?
#casstevensout. #steakobviouslyout.

Why beef at all? Horse is just as nutritious and far cheaper.

Just last week, I spoke to 2 Greensboro local kids that start for an SEC football program. I was joking about recruiting to one of them, and he seriously told me that we wanted to go to WFU, but he wanted to play for a "winner". Our conversation turned to issues like food they get to eat, workout facilities and dorms...He told me that it was night and day from where he is, and what WFU showed him during recruiting.

I haven't been back in the Proehl locker rooms in a few years, but this summer I toured App. State's new locker room and it was no contest. Maybe WFU has redone theirs, but I came out of that tour worried for the future of Deacon football. Everybody has stepped up their game, and WFU is skimping on steaks for recruits????

The official Wake Forest Football twitter feed responded to me after I prodded them with a couple of remarks during the game. I didn't think I'd ever heard of an official account bantering with fans during a game about the merits of a six yard rush.#amateurhour

Would you like to post said tweets?

Those guys both have gameday responsibilities I thought. It may have been one of those two. I feel like they would have contacted me in some other manner.

Basically, after Cameron fumbled, the tweet said "after a decent gain Cameron fumbled." I said it wasn't a decent gain it was more like three yards (it was actually six). The account responded "would you consider six yards a carry a decent gain?" I said it depends on the context. He said that's what Cameron got. I said it still wasn't really decent.

It was a dumb debate and I'd had a couple of drinks (not that it really matters since it's Twitter) but I was under the impression that official accounts shouldn't talk with fans during a game, if ever.

Strizzy is on the sidelines during the games. He's the goofy looking guy with the white visor, foolishly clapping when we gain 3 yards, down 40 points. Maybe stonz? But yeah, the WF Football Twitter page is always fun to read during games. Trying to be as positive as possible when we're down by 5 TDs.

Those guys both have gameday responsibilities I thought. It may have been one of those two. I feel like they would have contacted me in some other manner.

Basically, after Cameron fumbled, the tweet said "after a decent gain Cameron fumbled." I said it wasn't a decent gain it was more like three yards (it was actually six). The account responded "would you consider six yards a carry a decent gain?" I said it depends on the context. He said that's what Cameron got. I said it still wasn't really decent.

It was a dumb debate and I'd had a couple of drinks (not that it really matters since it's Twitter) but I was under the impression that official accounts shouldn't talk with fans during a game, if ever.

Like we needed more proof that the AD is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I don't think it's stonz either. Probably Shutt or another one of Ron's goons.

Just last week, I spoke to 2 Greensboro local kids that start for an SEC football program. I was joking about recruiting to one of them, and he seriously told me that we wanted to go to WFU, but he wanted to play for a "winner". Our conversation turned to issues like food they get to eat, workout facilities and dorms...He told me that it was night and day from where he is, and what WFU showed him during recruiting.

I haven't been back in the Proehl locker rooms in a few years, but this summer I toured App. State's new locker room and it was no contest. Maybe WFU has redone theirs, but I came out of that tour worried for the future of Deacon football. Everybody has stepped up their game, and WFU is skimping on steaks for recruits????

We are so small time it's not even funny.

Wake just needs to completely clean house. Wellman should be fired and then the new guy should be able to hire whoever he wants in the AD. Same thing with football and basketball. Fire Grobe and [Redacted] and get rid of everybody related to anything with the teams.

Back