• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One steak per recruit

It seems Wellman has this warped sense of what it takes to get people to come watch games...that or he only cares what the things look good to the suits.

Definitely warped. Or maybe we are warped.

I remember at the end of one season pre-Bz Wellman said that our poor road record wouldn't impact Joel attendance because we were still playing well at home.

Well said. The Galloway story and lack of improvement in recruiting and on the field support this.

If the Galloway story is true, that is completely unacceptable. Coaches should have access to all our facilities to show recruits, crap that's the biggest reason the facilities are there for. If it doesn't help to bring in better talent and put a better product on the field, why even have the freaking tower, should've left the damn double-wide we had for a pressbox and put the money somewhere else.

There has always been an undercurrent of resentment towards athletics from Wake admin. Every time we get a successful program, you can bet that some sort of self-imposed nonsense is coming down the pipe.

Goes back to the president of the University firing the baseball coach for playing on Sunday while winning a national title in 1955.

There has always been an undercurrent of resentment towards athletics from Wake admin. Every time we get a successful program, you can bet that some sort of self-imposed nonsense is coming down the pipe.

Goes back to the president of the University firing the baseball coach for playing on Sunday while winning a national title in 1955.

A lot of truth in this.

I spent an hour this morning talking to a friend of mine who goes to church with a Wake BOT member...I had him try to ask what the hell was going on with Wake in the AD and on the football field. Basically, he avoided talking about football, went straight on to talking about how much better the basketball team was in practice, and then went on a tirade about how if PJ Hairston were at Wake, he'd be dismissed from the team immediately.

So, to re-cap: don't talk about football, talk about basketball practice, and finish with culture. It's like the dude had talking points in his pocket.

I don't know what's really going on behind the scenes, but these guys are staying on message.

Deman is chiming in. "Those were Porterhouse steaks. They are filet on one side and NY strip on the other. The recruits are already getting two steaks as it is."

He also related that after hiring Skip Brown that AD Ron Wellman will announce hiring this woman tomorrow:

Her new mantra will be "Leave Ron Wellman alone".

I can't tell you what those other food critics saw, but I saw those pieces of meat with my own eyes and they looked like porterhouses. We were going to get the New York Strip but we didn't like the chef's attitude while he cooked it.

I spent an hour this morning talking to a friend of mine who goes to church with a Wake BOT member...I had him try to ask what the hell was going on with Wake in the AD and on the football field. Basically, he avoided talking about football, went straight on to talking about how much better the basketball team was in practice, and then went on a tirade about how if PJ Hairston were at Wake, he'd be dismissed from the team immediately.

So, to re-cap: don't talk about football, talk about basketball practice, and finish with culture. It's like the dude had talking points in his pocket.

I don't know what's really going on behind the scenes, but these guys are staying on message.

So basically at least this BOT member is completely brainwashed by Premier Wellman.

Really? Even in basketball? I know that's the problem Brownell keeps running into....

Yup. No news flash or anything, but we really skimp on recruiting $, especially wrt to travel expenses, even in basketball.

Yup. No news flash or anything, but we really skimp on recruiting $, especially wrt to travel expenses, even in basketball.

So I guess all the radio shows that Bzzz misses during the season while on recruiting trips, he's really just hiding under Wellman's desk, who knew????

Also wanted to add that Dino wasn't bitching or making excuses or anything. We were just chatting and it came up. He just commented they had far less recruiting budget to work with than UNC, Duke, etc. I know it's no news flash, but a disadvantage all the same.

I'd like to see us funnel more money to basketball, especially hiring a great coach, and then put the rest into recruiting.

BVC1GU0CAAExRsZ.jpg

So I guess all the radio shows that Bzzz misses during the season while on recruiting trips, he's really just hiding under Wellman's desk, who knew????

Not really. It just takes a lot longer to drive to Texas, or Illinois or Pennsylvania than flying and he doesn't get back sometimes.

Ugh, that steak sauce looks disgusting.

What's worse Moonz? Steak from a steam tray, of dousing your steak in some HFCS filled crap?

Ugh, that steak sauce looks disgusting.

What's worse Moonz? Steak from a steam tray, of dousing your steak in some HFCS filled crap?

I didn't even consider that that may be steak sauce. I had forgotten there was such a thing.

Back