• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One steak per recruit

Ugh, that steak sauce looks disgusting.

What's worse Moonz? Steak from a steam tray, of dousing your steak in some HFCS filled crap?

the bottom line is it's probably fine dining for most of the recruits

they don't know the difference

not judging just saying

Now I really want a steak for lunch guys. Thanks for forcing me to spend $30 at lunch.

K&W or J&S probably has a steam try full of steaks waiting for you.

I believe the Texas version of that is Luby's. And no I haven't been to one, but its on the list.

As for all this K&W hate, you guys can GTFO. No better lunch than some roast beef, broccoli and some green beans at the K-Dub

I love the hobble and gobble. But it is what it is. Not recruit luncheon quality food.

I like either chopped steak or fish with broccoli and macn' cheese.

I believe the Texas version of that is Luby's. And no I haven't been to one, but its on the list.

As for all this K&W hate, you guys can GTFO. No better lunch than some roast beef, broccoli and some green beans at the K-Dub

Luby's is better than K&W. Go there STAT.

There has always been an undercurrent of resentment towards athletics from Wake admin. Every time we get a successful program, you can bet that some sort of self-imposed nonsense is coming down the pipe.

Goes back to the president of the University firing the baseball coach for playing on Sunday while winning a national title in 1955.

I've run across a similar mentality with a surprising number of Wake alums over the years. Apparently horrible athletics makes it easier for them to claim academic superiority.

You got good taste, that's sounds exactly what I get at the K-Dub.

Even though it was posted by the recruiting twitter, it was actually a player dinner. Thankfully no recruits were present.

Even though it was posted by the recruiting twitter, it was actually a player dinner. Thankfully no recruits were present.

Even worse, everybody knows you've got to feed the big boys up front more than one steak.

Last edited:
OP may have:

axe-to-grind.jpg

There has always been an undercurrent of resentment towards athletics from Wake admin. Every time we get a successful program, you can bet that some sort of self-imposed nonsense is coming down the pipe.

Goes back to the president of the University firing the baseball coach for playing on Sunday while winning a national title in 1955.

I've run across a similar mentality with a surprising number of Wake alums over the years. Apparently horrible athletics makes it easier for them to claim academic superiority.

It goes all the way back to the decision to join the ACC. Lots of faculty/admin at the time thought Wake would place athletics over acadamics. At the time, there was a surprising amount of dissention regarding the decision. Obviously, the struggle continues today. Thanks, Dr. Hendricks, for that lesson!

Also wanted to add that Dino wasn't bitching or making excuses or anything. We were just chatting and it came up. He just commented they had far less recruiting budget to work with than UNC, Duke, etc. I know it's no news flash, but a disadvantage all the same.

I'd like to see us funnel more money to basketball, especially hiring a great coach, and then put the rest into recruiting.

http://www.bbstate.com/info/teams-hoopsbudget

OP may have:

axe-to-grind.jpg

No axe to grind. Just embarrassed of the athletic department that I have loved since I was a little kid. Never considered any school but Wake. Now, I can't even stand to watch anything Wake. I have supported the bad teams but I can't support the poor leadership and blatant neglect of fans.

Back