• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

One steak per recruit

No axe to grind. Just embarrassed of the athletic department that I have loved since I was a little kid. Never considered any school but Wake. Now, I can't even stand to watch anything Wake. I have supported the bad teams but I can't support the poor leadership and blatant neglect of fans.

But why exactly did you cast the food services in a bad light? Granted, those are some nasty looking steaks.

But why exactly did you cast the food services in a bad light? Granted, those are some nasty looking steaks.

I think you're too far removed to remember what looked like good food at 19. Applebees and TGI Fridays were classy restaurants back then

Good point but I'm guessing our competition gives them more than historically competitive steaks.

I didn't post that pic on Twitter. It was sent to me by a Florida State fan with a smartass comment. Just thought I would share.

I think you're too far removed to remember what looked like good food at 19. Applebees and TGI Fridays were classy restaurants back then

i envision ron and casstevens enjoying the usual brown nosing suspects eating that poo and beaming about how good it is. ron and cass are laughing about that somewhere.

now that i have a couple of kids it's my job to make sure they understand what good food is. i grew up thinking a good steak was grey and dead. vegetables were over cooked mush from a can. i can't do that to them. also, i have to keep her off the pole (thanks for the reminder mr rock).

Grew up the same way, deaconson. Thin cuts cooked overdone. Now give my boys fresh vegetables every day. We eat NY Strips once every week or 2. They already love a good steak.

Grew up the same way, deaconson. Thin cuts cooked overdone. Now give my boys fresh vegetables every day. We eat NY Strips once every week or 2. They already love a good steak.

When do you start teaching them about blowing off their mortgage payments?

Oh, they are porterhouse steaks

shit, that makes all the difference in the world!!

When do you start teaching them about blowing off their mortgage payments?

Making sound financial decisions comes with learning math.

Seriously, I can't believe a board full of smart people harps on negotiating a favorable deal between a homeowner and lender when the other option is losing $1,000 a month doing the "right thing".

Last edited:
Making sound financial decisions comes with learning math.

Seriously, I can't believe a board full of smart people harps on negotiating a favorable deal between a homeowner and lender when the other option is losing $1,000 a month doing the "right thing".

It's cool - If you did it, it must have been the right thing to do. Because #Phisneverwrong

It was. I'd be curious how you or anybody here would consider losing at least $1000 on a rented property as the right thing to do.

I have a new house and the short sale goes off my credit next year. If you're underwater on a 2nd home and need any advice, just PM me. I know a good foreclosure guy who can help you out too, especially if you live in FL.

It was. I'd be curious how you or anybody here would consider losing at least $1000 on a rented property as the right thing to do.

I have a new house and the short sale goes off my credit next year. If you're underwater on a 2nd home and need any advice, just PM me. I know a good foreclosure guy who can help you out too, especially if you live in FL.

No worries dude, we all got your back. Enjoy your new home!

the bottom line is it's probably fine dining for most of the recruits

they don't know the difference

not judging just saying

Maybe so, but they will certainly know the difference when they are treated to a much nicer, all-you-can-eat meal at another school.

I don't know but I remember a conversation with Dino and he said our recruiting resources put us at a huge disadvantage. I'm sure football is much worse.

This is true. I know a coach who said that the way he has work around budgets and other restrictions when it comes to recruiting makes it seem as if Wake is operating under self-imposed sanctions.

Maybe so, but they will certainly know the difference when they are treated to a much nicer, all-you-can-eat meal at another school.

Just found this video a recruit took during his visit to Wake. Just sad.

Those steaks look terrible. I picture what Oregon recruits are eating ...

tacoFINAL4.jpg

Back