• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

"The $20 Sling TV base package includes ESPN, ESPN2, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, TNT, CNN, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and the "best of Internet video" with Maker Studios. Add-on packs with additional kids and news programming will be available for $5 each.

Lynch said the launch channel lineup was set but the lineup would evolve with time and that other channels would be added. No DVR capabilities or local channels would be available to Sling TV subscribers, but they'd be able to access plenty of on-demand content, he added."

No DVR is a problem but I would buy it.

Sports and the same crap movies I will always watch for the rest of my life on TNT/TBS but I'm now going on more than a year without a TV and mostly enjoying it.

"The $20 Sling TV base package includes ESPN, ESPN2, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Food Network, HGTV, Travel Channel, TNT, CNN, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, and the "best of Internet video" with Maker Studios. Add-on packs with additional kids and news programming will be available for $5 each.

Lynch said the launch channel lineup was set but the lineup would evolve with time and that other channels would be added. No DVR capabilities or local channels would be available to Sling TV subscribers, but they'd be able to access plenty of on-demand content, he added."

No DVR is a problem but I would buy it.
From what I read you can watch programs up to 3 days after they aired.

and by bump i mean moving it from the middle of the first page to the top.

From what I read you can watch programs up to 3 days after they aired.

Yeah I read that too. This is money and I'm probably going to ditch cable soon after this becomes available. I just wish I had fiber in SW Winston so I could ditch TWC completely.

Any idea when the DirecTV / Disney deal will be in place and allow DirecTV consumers access to WatchESPN? That is all I am waiting for to get out of the TWC television package, but I haven't seen anything other than 'early 2015'. I really hope that doesn't mean April.

Sucks for me as I rarely watch games live. They just take too freaking long.

3208002.gif

Sling tv and cbs channel on roku almost covers the ncaa tourney. No tru tv. Is there a better option if you have cut the cord?

I finally cut the cord last week. I'm using an old Roku I already owned owned for Netflix, Youtube, etc. With a small $10 antenna I get all the networks in HD and it looks almost as good as Fios. I'm only ~7 miles from the transmitters in Baltimore. You can't tell the difference unless you switch back and forth to compare. When I need ESPN I'll buy SlingTV for the end of college bball through the NBA playoffs. Right now the only thing I miss is the lack of dvr on the broadcast channels.

I will make no argument that this is better than Fios but I'm going to save $1,000 this year. With the relatively small amount of tv we watch it's hard to turn down the savings.

Just signed up for the SlingTV Free Trial. Interested to see how this goes.

Just signed up for the SlingTV Free Trial. Interested to see how this goes.

Same for me. I only have Chromecast and a PS3, neither of which have Sling compatibility. But I've been able to mirror my Note 4 without incident (so far). Ultimately pulled the trigger so I could watch the dunk and three point contests from home tonight.

Back