• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Cable companies think most subscribers will accept the price increase instead of going to the trouble of removing and returning the provided equipment. It always helps to have competition in your market. Play one against the other and switch providers. Take advantage of all the available promos. Eventually everything will be web based allowing you to select and build an ala carte package suited to your needs.

Of course, dude. That's how I switched to Uverse from TWC in the first place last year. I'm just playing the game. After having Uverse for a year, while I like it, there's really not an appreciable difference between it and TWC, especially with TWC upgrading its HD-DVR box, so I'm totally fine switching back if Uverse won't play ball.

Showtime had announced they are launching their own streaming service (similar to HBO Now) in July for $10.99/month on Apple TV and Roku devices. Yesterday, they announced that Hulu subscribers can add the Showtime streaming service for an additional $8.99/month. The Showtime content will be accessed from within the Hulu app which will put them on many other devices (Android, iOS, gaming consoles, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, smart TVs, Blu-ray/DVD players, etc.). The Showtime content offered by Hulu won't have commercials or ads and will also feature the east and west coast live feeds. Very interesting.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/06/23/showtime-becomes-the-first-premium-service-to-be-offered-by-hulu/

Assuming I'm going to be paying for internet, what is the cheapest way to watch sports, including the local pro teams?

Assuming I'm going to be paying for internet, what is the cheapest way to watch sports, including the local pro teams?

digital antenna will give you the networks in hd for local NFL

sling for 20 a month gives you espn and espn2 in hd and TNT for thursday night NBA primetime games, along with a handful of other cable channels.. but it is also ridiculously easy to use a friend or family watchespn login for free

nightly local home NBA team coverage could be tough depending on your team's broadcast deal... and even league pass blacks out local team games based on your internet connection

Just re-activated Sling TV for football season. Paid the extra $5 for the sports package that includes SEC Network, ESPNU, and ESPN Goalline (along with ESPN Buzzer Beater for basketball season). Going to see how well it works to follow football this way

Sling TV folks: Can you watch different shows from the same account in different parts of the house at the same time?
Assuming they're streaming from different devices and you have Rokus or whatever on each TV.

Sling TV folks: Can you watch different shows from the same account in different parts of the house at the same time?
Assuming they're streaming from different devices and you have Rokus or whatever on each TV.

I believe you can only use one device per account. Check out the FAQs on their website.

Probably dropping cable myself with TWC's switch to all-digital Oct 27th. They'll give you decoder boxes free until February 2017, but then it's $2.75 each/mo. Gonna just go antenna + sling.

Is there anyone here in the triad on an antenna? I lost my WGHP FOX8 signal during the Panthers game, not sure if its my setup or if it's something with the station itself. I've got a rooftop antenna pointed towards High Point, all the other stations are coming in just fine.

Is there anyone here in the triad on an antenna? I lost my WGHP FOX8 signal during the Panthers game, not sure if its my setup or if it's something with the station itself. I've got a rooftop antenna pointed towards High Point, all the other stations are coming in just fine.

I lost it on DTV too FYI.

Interesting. Must be something with the station, then. I put in a query on their website about it, maybe they'll respond.

You'd think they'd make an announcement on their website, or at least their Twitter or Facebook page, rather than leave a bunch of their customers high and dry during the Panthers quest for 9-0.

Got a prompt response from one of their engineers: "We are having some transmitter issues and is operating on our backup low power transmitter. Our engineering team is currently working on getting the main transmitter back on line as soon as possible." That'll do it

I don't understand a lot of stuff on this thre debut jeesus just get a TV and pay for the shows! Do t be so cheap they give you a box to record and rewind and fast forward the commercial!!!! It's like a vcr but better check it out and don't be so nervous they aren't tracking you and someone can show you how to use the box it's easy!

I don't understand a lot of stuff on this thre debut jeesus just get a TV and pay for the shows! Do t be so cheap they give you a box to record and rewind and fast forward the commercial!!!! It's like a vcr but better check it out and don't be so nervous they aren't tracking you and someone can show you how to use the box it's easy!

Drunk posting at 11 on a Sunday night?

pretty poor bandwagon boy impersonation.

Suck it nubs! Just go back to watching your price is right on antenna cause too cheap to pay for tv with box LOL

Back