• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

It's fine, I got an amazon TV and it's as intuitive of an interface as directv and TWC to navigate but its good and worth the savings

+1 for PlayStation vue. It's a bit wonky, but works pretty well, is cheap and gets you in to all the content apps like ESPN, NBC sports, fox sports, etc. dvr function is what sets it apart from sling and directtv now. We have both fire tv and Apple TV - I like it better on Fire

What is the cost for vue? Do you not have to actually use a PlayStation?

I get pretty much the same deal from Playstation Vue now

Except that you are a grown man that gets your content from a playstation.

This is the one I've been urged to research.

Beginning research: So buckets, how do you like Playstation Vue ?

Srsly tho, PV doesnt have Live network content does it? Like can you watch your local live sports on PV? Like College FB on Sat?

Except that you are a grown man that gets your content from a playstation.

Srsly tho, PV doesnt have Live network content does it? Like can you watch your local live sports on PV? Like College FB on Sat?
No, I use an amazon TV

Playstation Vue is just an app

Does Amazon have all 4 major networks live?

This youtube thing just looks like the first version of the consolidated streaming service everyone has been waiting on. Seems like everyone that is cord cutting is also using 2-4 services at $10 a month, plus maybe an HD antenna to patch together all the content you would normally get with top tier cable.

I dont mind streaming everything, I just dont want the headache of trying to figure out which of my $10 services, netflix, hulu or amazon I need to fire up to find what I want to watch.

They are Google they have all the money. It will probably work like any other service -- lure customers away with cheap prices, once you have loyalty then raise prices later.

They are Google they have all the money. It will probably work like any other service -- lure customers away with cheap prices, once you have loyalty then raise prices later.

Which is how the cable companies operate, so why not just stick with them. You'll still have to buy internet and I'm sure if you already have cable and just want to cut the tv subscription they will start jacking up prices for usage so overall it won't really matter that much.

Does Amazon have all 4 major networks live?

This youtube thing just looks like the first version of the consolidated streaming service everyone has been waiting on. Seems like everyone that is cord cutting is also using 2-4 services at $10 a month, plus maybe an HD antenna to patch together all the content you would normally get with top tier cable.

I dont mind streaming everything, I just dont want the headache of trying to figure out which of my $10 services, netflix, hulu or amazon I need to fire up to find what I want to watch.
Yes it's got the networks live

Also get access to the espn app

I think my package recently lost Viacom networks - comedy central and mtv

I use Sling and am very happy, but likely moving to YoutubeTV as soon as available. The DVR feature alone makes remembering/managing queues of stuff I want to watch easy. Will be interesting to see if there are qualifications around the 6 accounts, or if you could really share with 5 friends.

Which is how the cable companies operate, so why not just stick with them. You'll still have to buy internet and I'm sure if you already have cable and just want to cut the tv subscription they will start jacking up prices for usage so overall it won't really matter that much.

This is true, but fuck cable.

Sling has cloud DVR now. At least if you are using Roku. It's great, 100tb limit. And sling gets you access to lots of the network apps.

I'll check out YouTube TV when available. But it sounds like it won't be in every market,as far as the local channel are concerned. Maybe down the road. And no AMC or TNT for YouTube TV.

That's the same as PS Vue. PS Vue Roku app was steaming hot garbage when I did my free trial,so I stuck with sling. Sling keeps getting better every couple months.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah but right now the comparison would be ~ $90 vs. $250 a month. Even if they eventually start price hikes, you gotta looong way to go before you reach cabletown awfulness.

Yeah but right now the comparison would be ~ $90 vs. $250 a month. Even if they eventually start price hikes, you gotta looong way to go before you reach cabletown awfulness.

Those figures seem a little high to me - I'd probably save somewhere in the neighborhood of $70 a month by making this switch right now, but that eliminates HBO and a sports package that wouldn't be included in the YouTube product

sling let me down bigly last night. Louisville @ Wake was blacked out. I was super pissed. I wish the app had some way of letting me know ahead of time that it wouldn't be showing the game. On the contrary, I got an alert announcing that Sling was carrying the game "Watch Wake Forest on Sling!" Thanks for nothing.

This. The only thing I miss is Monday night football. Otherwise the networks have enough sports for me.

If wake ever claws back to relevance in FB or BB it might be worth it for me to get cable again, until then no thanks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

sling let me down bigly last night. Louisville @ Wake was blacked out. I was super pissed. I wish the app had some way of letting me know ahead of time that it wouldn't be showing the game. On the contrary, I got an alert announcing that Sling was carrying the game "Watch Wake Forest on Sling!" Thanks for nothing.

Prescient

Fox Sports South is the biggest hole in the Sling lineup.
Is it clear yet if that's part of the YoutubeTV set?

Back