• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

I'll try to be less of a dick. Sorry.

More likely that Hulu (or "Star") will be just another tile within the Disney+ app than its own separate thing.

For a number of reasons, not the least of which is competing with Netflix.

While I get the argument that they might want to keep Disney+ "family friendly" and not tarnish the brand, there are other ways to do that beyond having a completely separate app.

Have to say, flipping between live 4K HDR baseball and football the other night was awesome. Very weird that the Xbox app doesn’t support 4K hdr but the native LG tv app (which is historically shitty) does. Makes for a good demo of how much HDR matters though…. They should be pushing more 1080p HDR than 4K imho…

Anyone else have an issue with the 4K thing on Youtube TV. Every time I click on it it asks if I want to sign up for $19.99/mo and it gives me a new start time a month later. So I've probably signed up like 20 times now, wonder if I'll get charged $400

…I guess I’m maybe behind, but finally signed up for ESPN+. Just upgraded our Disney+ to include ESPN+ and Hulu.

So I’ll finally watch Handmaid’s Tale.

Used to be with my Spectrum package I could get most everything via ESPN3 but I guess that’s mostly gone away…

Wanted to watch the men’s bb game last night so I made the upgrade.

So…going to consider downgrading my spectrum package…but I’d probably lose HBO.

Kind of wish there was a package that just included everything or a true a la carte system through a single company that included all options.

…I guess I’m maybe behind, but finally signed up for ESPN+. Just upgraded our Disney+ to include ESPN+ and Hulu.

So I’ll finally watch Handmaid’s Tale.

Used to be with my Spectrum package I could get most everything via ESPN3 but I guess that’s mostly gone away…

Wanted to watch the men’s bb game last night so I made the upgrade.

So…going to consider downgrading my spectrum package…but I’d probably lose HBO.

Kind of wish there was a package that just included everything or a true a la carte system through a single company that included all options.

You get ACCN+ through your Spectrum package. You just have to use the ESPN app on your TV.

I used to but lately the ESPN app says I need to have ESPN+…

However, I didn’t try logging in on the app rather than signing up via the Disney package and I’ve been wondering if that’s all I really needed to do…?

Sounds like maybe.

Thx

I used to but lately the ESPN app says I need to have ESPN+…

However, I didn’t try logging in on the app rather than signing up via the Disney package and I’ve been wondering if that’s all I really needed to do…?

Sounds like maybe.

Thx

If you use the ESPN app on the TV and click on a game it will give the option to either log in to ESPN+ or use your TV subscription.

I’ve used the ESPN app on my Apple TV for some time.

In the past it occasion made me link to my cable subscription. But lately only seemed to say I had to have ESPN+…so I figured they’d changed the accessibility.

Mainly I brought it up here because damned if I can find any clear information googling about it.

I’ll probably keep the new Hulu/Disney/ESPN+ package for a little bit to see if Hulu is worth it. Otherwise I’ll ditch it and just go back to Disney only and try again to see if I can access accnx via my cable package.

Thanks again.

YouTube TV bout to have a rights standoff with Disney. Dropping all the ESPN channels would be a killer.

Last edited:
https://tv.youtube.com/learn/disney2021-update/

We welcome a renewed agreement provided we can reach equitable terms with Disney. However, if we are unable to reach a deal by Friday, the Disney-owned channels will no longer be available on YouTube TV starting December 17, and we will decrease our monthly price by $15, from $64.99 to $49.99 (while Disney content remains off of our platform).

We would love every member to stay with our service, but we give you the flexibility to pause or cancel your membership at any time. If you want to continue watching some of Disney’s content, consider signing up for their own service, The Disney Bundle, which they offer for $13.99/month and which is subject to its own terms and restrictions.

Part of YouTubeTV’s appeal is that subscribers can drop it at any time. So YouTubeTV needs to fix this or they’re screwed.

Part of the reason I've stuck with Youtube TV over Hulu Live is that YTTV lets you fast forward through commercials and Hulu always made me stop and watch every commercial break. Anyone use Hulu and know if that still the case?

Part of the reason I've stuck with Youtube TV over Hulu Live is that YTTV lets you fast forward through commercials and Hulu always made me stop and watch every commercial break. Anyone use Hulu and know if that still the case?

They do. We're slogging through them watching S2 of The Great.

Since YTTV is cutting their subscription price $15 and encouraging its customers to buy Disney separately, that tells me that Disney is trying to charge more than $13.99 (public's price) to YTTV. When Disney does not see a mass migration from YTTV to its streaming service they'll cave. Others have when YTTV did the same to them. This is not easy for me bc I would miss all ESPN channels. My wife and son like Disney for Marvel and Star Wars (Mandelorian).

That’s Disney+, a completely different subscription.

YouTube TV bout to have a rights standoff with Disney. Dropping all the ESPN channels would be a killer.

Yeah, YouTube TV is dead if they can’t reach a deal here. I’ve been pretty tempted to leave over the RSN bullshit, but losing the ESPN channels (plus ABC - I know I can get that with an antenna, but I just want it all in one place) essentially makes YouTube TV useless for me.

Yeah, YouTube TV is dead if they can’t reach a deal here. I’ve been pretty tempted to leave over the RSN bullshit, but losing the ESPN channels (plus ABC - I know I can get that with an antenna, but I just want it all in one place) essentially makes YouTube TV useless for me.

I made the switch to Spectrum based on losing the RSNs.

Back