• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

Just realized there’s an annual plan for HBO max that’s cheaper than the $15/month. On top of it have an AMEX offer for saving $25 on the annual plan. Quick way to save $60 if you pay for it monthly

Also...HBO Max is included with the 80 dollar per month AT&T 1 GIG fiber internet plan.

Also...HBO Max is included with the 80 dollar per month AT&T 1 GIG fiber internet plan.

And whelp I guess I'd had this free this whole time and was paying for it. Thanks!

Our big thing is watching recorded shows when we are ready. What service works best for that option and all the wake sports of course?

YouTube tv has unlimited cloud based DVR. And except for games on Bally, you can get all the Wake games.

I cut the cord like 5-6 years ago and then went back to Comcast Xfinity about 6 months later because the experience sucked (was using SlingTV).

Love Xfinity, but the cost continues to increase and my usage of it is declining.

I think I'm going to do it again, this time w/ AT&T Fiber and YouTubeTV.

Sucks about Bally, but that's not a reason to pay $40 more each month.

Any regrets, ConnorEl? Sounds like you and I are in similar situations.

Just looked back in this thread and I cut the cord from ~Jan 2016 through ~August 2016.

Crazy to look back at those posts. So much has changed since then. And so much is still the same (and frustrating).

We cut the cord in January and no complaints so far with YTTV. I find I'm watching "cable" TV a lot less, just a few shows here and there like Better Call Saul and Top Chef, plus the live sports. But a lot less of just turning on the TV to see what's on.

Another question...

YoutubeTV is 64.99/month... How much is it actually after taxes/fees?

I'm sure it varies by state. Anyone in GA use it?

Another question...

YoutubeTV is 64.99/month... How much is it actually after taxes/fees?

I'm sure it varies by state. Anyone in GA use it?

My card is charged exactly 64.99 per month in City of Atlanta/Dekalb County.

ETA: I have AT&T Fiber and YouTubeTV - not having Bally sucks, but I have MLB.tv for Astros games and have had no problem getting Braves games using a VPN. Same with Wake games on Bally - ACCN streaming through ESPN with a VPN.

Last edited:
We cut the cord in January and no complaints so far with YTTV. I find I'm watching "cable" TV a lot less, just a few shows here and there like Better Call Saul and Top Chef, plus the live sports. But a lot less of just turning on the TV to see what's on.
Yeah, think I've asked on this thread before, but what are you guys watching that you need cable TV year round? Or do you get it for your SO/kids? If it weren't for sports, I quite literally would never need live TV. Cut my Sling after the NBA playoffs and will bring it back for football in the fall. I think Saul is the only show on cable I wanna watch but will get the AMC+ app for a month to finish it up.

Yeah, think I've asked on this thread before, but what are you guys watching that you need cable TV year round? Or do you get it for your SO/kids? If it weren't for sports, I quite literally would never need live TV. Cut my Sling after the NBA playoffs and will bring it back for football in the fall. I think Saul is the only show on cable I wanna watch but will get the AMC+ app for a month to finish it up.

It's actually 100% my wife. My kids would be fine with just Netflix & Disney+. The funny thing is that my wife watches like zero TV... A few minutes of Real Housewives here and there (which I give her a ton of shit about).

I only watch sports, and even that consumption is significantly lower than it used to be.

FYI ballys sports+ is coming this fall as a standalone service for $19.99 a month or $189.99 for a year

Back