• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cutting the Cord (Ditching TV, not having a baby)

I use a Roku streaming stick to make my TV smart. Today I discovered I am unable to connect to Youtube TV. I assume the ongoing disagreement between YTTV and Roku has taken effect but have received no recent notification from either party confirming. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I use a Roku streaming stick to make my TV smart. Today I discovered I am unable to connect to Youtube TV. I assume the ongoing disagreement between YTTV and Roku has taken effect but have received no recent notification from either party confirming. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yeah - I am. Just tried to launch YTTV and got a "Can't run channel" message. I don't have time for this bullshit.

Yeah - I am. Just tried to launch YTTV and got a "Can't run channel" message. I don't have time for this bullshit.

Same. I'm also getting an error message when I try to load Apple +. It says I don't have enough space...though I do. I've tried deleted most channels and have even tried clearing cache like this:

To clear the cache on the Roku, press the following buttons on the remote:

🏠🏠🏠🏠🏠 + ▲ + ⏪️⏪️ + ⏩️⏩️
Home 5 times
Up 1 time
Rewind 2 times
Fast Forward 2 times

Still doesn't help.

Per a Google search, it is an issue that Roku says they know about and are working to fix.

So an update - it looks like YTTV loads and works just fine on the upstairs TV which uses a Roku Stick+. The downstairs TV is where I am having the issue, and it is just a regular Roku Stick. So it looks like it may just be on the older streaming sticks? Also, it looks like Roku has been "working" on this issue for several days now, so it is suspect that there is no fix yet. I got a newer model Firestick awhile back but never installed it - looks like it may be time to replace the regular Roku Stick with it.

You can still access it through the regular YouTube app. On the menu on the left hand side of the screen, scroll down to the bottom where it says YouTube TV and click it. It will launch YouTube TV

Another update - was finally able to load YTTV on the TV it was not working on last night and earlier this AM, so maybe Roku has fixed the issue now.

I had issue with it not loading a couple nights ago. Kept trying until it finally loaded.

$20/mo for youtubeTV 4k +. Has anyone tried it?

Oh, there's a free trial. Let's give her a go

$20/mo for youtubeTV 4k +. Has anyone tried it?

Yeah, and the Wake/FSU game was in 4k. The intro pricing is $10 per month for the first year due to limited 4k programming - we got it free for the first 3 via some random promotion. It's kinda what you'd expect - not much in 4k, but what's there is incredible.

Is there a decent selection of 4K games on Saturday and Sunday? TNF and MNF? How about NBA on ESPN and TNT?

We are reconnecting the cord as of today. YTTV kept raising prices and lost the regional sports networks. Basically paying the same price at the end of the day.

Youtube now saying they may lose all the NBC channels in a few days if a deal is not figured out before then. For taking away Sunday Night Football, the Golf channel, etc they may reduce cost by $10 month.

YouTubeTV was great when it first came out, but the steady uptick in price has really diminished its value for me. We're still coming out better than we would with cable though

It's way more convenient than cable as well. But if there's another big price hike or channel drop, I may start looking elsewhere.

Back