• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

When Did National Parks Become Important?

Not being an asshole and being qualified to serve as President are not exactly the same thing. Plenty of great people would not do well as President.

Then you would argue that someone running for their second term is always more qualified than their challenger, correct?

Then you would argue that someone running for their second term is always more qualified than their challenger, correct?

No. Doing something poorly does not qualify someone to do it by default. There are plenty of people who have never worked as head coaches who are more qualified to do it than [Redacted].

Kind of ageist don't you think?

I don't have my pocket Constitution on me tight now. Can you remind me what relevant experience the founding fathers required?

They required age, and in those days with shorter life expectancies people had a lot more experience at a younger age. Beyond that, I imagine they assumed that the populace would evaluate the experience of the candidates and then sink or swim as a result. Unfortunately, we are not guaranteed success and we sunk ourselves.

I was referring to assistant coaches (though sorry for not spelling that out). You don't think there are assistant coaches out there who are more qualified to coach our team than [Redacted]?

Outside of John McCain, who was the most experienced, realistic Pub alternative candidate to Obama? Palin and Romney would have both been equally or more unprepared and inexperienced than Obama.

Last edited:
You don't think that being a governor and (in Romney's case) having decades of successful business experience would make them better qualified than a community organizer / junior senator who waffled on his votes? The proof is in the history. Following his election our federal government has imploded and become a useless laughingstock. Absent some sort of nuclear holocaust, is it even possible that it could have gone worse?

Romney's business success (with the exception of Staples)was destroying companies, selling their assets and firing people.

The "proof" is we were losing over 700,000 jobs/month and that number was growing when Obama took office. We are now routinely adding over 100,000 jobs per month.

The "proof" is we had a -8.9% GDP rate that was getting worse. It is now 2% growth(not enough, but still about an 11% net GDP growth from what he was handed).

The "proof" is had the House passed the Senate infrastructure bill (that that 78 votes in the Senate) our economy would be doing much better.

The "proof" is there has never been a more obstructionist Congress. McConnell has stopped more bills than anyone in US history.

These are the facts. They are indisputable.

more tea party idiots could have been elected.

TR had the US Cavalry patrolling the National Parks. He knew leaving them open to the public without anyone to enforce the law would result in those places being destroyed.

Was going to post this yesterday but forgot. My man TR didn't need all this national park bureaucratic BS. Would of left the parks open to the PEOPLE.

.... You do know who started the National Park Service, right?

TR had the US Cavalry patrolling the National Parks. He knew leaving them open to the public without anyone to enforce the law would result in those places being destroyed.

I'm cool with that. Send in the Calvary!

.... You do know who started the National Park Service, right?

Obviously I'm aware of who's idea it was, or I wouldn't of brought him up. Did you know that the teddy bear was also named after a cub he "adopted"!

Stop being a little sniveling bitch every time the opportunity presents itself.

Back