• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Foothills (Poll), also discussion on DT Winston-Salem Bars

What do you think of Foothills?

• Total voters

DeaconBrews

Reaction score
If you've been to Foothills Brewery and Restaurant in Winston-Salem, what do you think of it?

It sucks ass. I don't know why all the losers love it so much.

Good, not great. Many of their offerings are bland. I like their People's Porter and Seeing Double IPA, but even they aren't really standouts. As for the actual restaurant, it's mostly boring, but it's nothing offensive. It's still a nice place for the town, though.

Natty's standard beers are better than Foothills and I'll actually buy bottles of Natty's, but Foothills' seasonals are better IMHO.

Also, the upstairs bar at Natty's is nice.

Seeing double, hoppium, jade ipa = all good. The rest is meh 'cept for the seasonals.

Rly underrated for watching games (especially WORLD CUP GAMES).

Seeing double, hoppium, jade ipa = all good. The rest is meh 'cept for the seasonals.

Rly underrated for watching games (especially WORLD CUP GAMES).

Good call, I'll be back in W-S for a wedding the first weekend of the World Cup. Chances are that you will find me there at some point.

The Pour House has an awesome beer selection, and drinks in fish bowls. redeemable in my eyes

Pour House has a fantastic selection and decent food. I like Finnegan's better, but there's probably more beer at Pour House.

Compared to the similar offerings in Winston/g-boro, foothills is fine. Definitely average, but I don't understand the hate.

Would it fare as well in Portland? Probably not.

Compared to the similar offerings in Winston/g-boro, foothills is fine. Definitely average, but I don't understand the hate.

Then again, competition would force them to up their game.

#freemarket

Wow, what a SNOB!

Only go when back in W-S, so like 3 times - but I thought it was ok for a sports bar/brew pub style place. The food was kinda stinky, but it is really open floorplan in the back and has lots of TVs. If I lived close by, I would assume I would go in for games or something - not really the food.

Back