• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greensboro Restaurant Rec

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
Had lunch today at a new Ethiopian restaurant in Greensboro - Taste of Ethiopia - it's really good Ethiopian and pretty affordable ($13 for a plate - which can easily be split between 2-3). If you like Ethiopian, try it out. If you've never tried it - go, you won't regret it.

Full disclosure - I have a vested interest in the restaurant doing well b/c my family loves Ethiopian and driving to Charlotte/Raleigh for dinner is isn't really an option and when we cook it for ourselves, it takes about 3 hours to cook - so an Ethiopian restaurant in Greensboro is awesome.

Taste of Ethiopia
106 N Westgate (just off W Market St.)

Leblon Brazilian Steakhouse is solid as well. Typical Brazilian Steakhouse, only 29.99 per person IIRC. That also have a coupon for 5.00 if it's not Friday or Saturday. Solid choice

Cafe Europa's website is down. I hope they didn't close. Best mussels I've ever had and I love mussels.

I like the Ethiopian place on kings drive in Charlotte. I recall eating with some kind of bread/sponge concoction - is that Ethiopian?

I also recall having the shits afterwards. That was definitely Ethiopian.

Seoul Garden has some really good Korean food.

I like the Ethiopian place on kings drive in Charlotte. I recall eating with some kind of bread/sponge concoction - is that Ethiopian?

I also recall having the shits afterwards. That was definitely Ethiopian.

The bread is injera, it's bitter by itself, but good when paired with food

Did you eat kitfo? It's uncooked beef or lamb and may have done a number on you.

Kitfo or gtfo.

Actually no. I think my food was all cooked. I enjoyed the meal, just not the aftermath.

Had Ethiopian in DC one time after a dead show. It was.................interesting.

Back