• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

People who are changing clothes 90 times a day to protect their comfort are wearing stiff-ass wrinkle-free shirts?

I think you should all try it. When you get home from work, just leave your clothes on. Go about your entire routine: feeding the kids/homework, making dinner for yourself, having some beers, walking the dog - whatever - int he same clothes you worked in (excepting for suits or pretty much all women's clothing). Wear the shoes too. See what you think about your comfort. Were you really uncomfortable, or has this whole comfort-seeking thing you have been doing with your clothing been a fucking lie? Do you really need loose plush cotton draped over you to be comfortable? Use the extra minutes you now have in your life to pursue that hobby or dream you never pursued because you were confused about the proper attire for model airplane building or gerbil stuffing. And if your neighbors should ring your door or the police serve you a warrant, enjoy your preparation.

I could be with you on this, except for the bolded... I am not hanging around on my couch and my carpet with my loafers on. They are moderately comfortable but my feet need to breathe! Plus I sometimes tuck a foot under me on the couch so that is a no go...And we have new carpet that feels really good on my feet...

Wait, who needs to be dressed up to answer their door?

I like to be dressed in more than jammies or other sleepwear when people come to my door. When it is time to "shut down" the house for the night and turn off the lights and go upstairs, I put on my jammies and all that. Until then, my lights are on and people can come to my door and call upon me, and I come to the door dressed in regular "street clothes." I can take the trash out or run up to the store or whatever and be 'comfortable' in my attire. Its a foreign concept nowadays, I am aware of that.

Last edited:
i rarely wash, fold, or put away the 80s style windbreaker sweatsuits i put on when i get home from work, so it's really not that much extra effort to be comfortable

Palma?! Is that you?

I'm with WakeAndBake.

I work from home, but I put on a real outfit (usually jawnz/khakis/slacks + shirt + respectable shoes) and keep it on until I retire at midnight or so.

I'm a few pages behind, but in what world was Toy Story 2 terrible? It was maybe possibly better than Toy Story 1, setting nostalgia aside.

I think you should all try it. When you get home from work, just leave your clothes on. Go about your entire routine: feeding the kids/homework, making dinner for yourself, having some beers, walking the dog - whatever - int he same clothes you worked in (excepting for suits or pretty much all women's clothing). Wear the shoes too. See what you think about your comfort. Were you really uncomfortable, or has this whole comfort-seeking thing you have been doing with your clothing been a fucking lie? Do you really need loose plush cotton draped over you to be comfortable? Use the extra minutes you now have in your life to pursue that hobby or dream you never pursued because you were confused about the proper attire for model airplane building or gerbil stuffing. And if your neighbors should ring your door or the police serve you a warrant, enjoy your preparation.

I don't wash my work clothes after every single wear. While they may be comfortable, I don't want to risk getting dinner on my work pants and having to actually wash them.

I like to be dressed in more than jammies or other sleepwear when people come to my door. When it is time to "shut down" the house for the night and turn off the lights and go upstairs, I put on my jammies and all that. Until then, my lights are on and people can come to my door and call upon me, and I come to the door dressed in regular "street clothes." I can take the trash out or run up to the store or whatever and be 'comfortable' in my attire. Its a foreign concept nowadays, I am aware of that.

Do you run a brothel?

I guess I'm exempt because of the lady clothes thing but I def change when I get home. I didn't always when I worked at a more casual place but now the first thing I do when I get home is put on comfortable pants and a shirt that can get drooled on.

I guess I'm exempt because of the lady clothes thing but I def change when I get home. I didn't always when I worked at a more casual place but now the first thing I do when I get home is put on comfortable pants and a shirt that can get drooled on.

The first think wimmenz do when they get home is free dem tittehs.

why would a person sit around the house in an oxford shirt and dress pants when a t shirt and shorts/jeans/casual pants is an option?

stupid

I usually change twice when I get home. Once out of the khakis and golf/ button down shirts and into the sweats or fleece pants and at-shirts. Later out of the sweats and into short pants Jammies. Smart wool socks work in both hot and cool weather

Back