• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

switching topics:

I'm tired of everyone acting like the current generation of armed forces are out there protecting American freedoms. What global threat is actually trying to infringe on what we are doing here in the U.S? Obviously the folks who served in WW2 can make such a claim, but do we honestly think that our continued fight in the ME and Afghanistan is necessary to preserve our freedom?

let the neg rep commence

I think this is a natural result of our politics and corporate advertising. Politicians battle each other over who loves the troops more, and so do companies. In turn, our society now considers that kind of attidude the norm, and any derivation from it is communism and 'Merica hating.

What are you, 4? Do you live in a bathhouse? Be a man and put some shoes on for chrissakes.

I am the KING of my god damn castle, and wearing shoes SUCKS. I want to experience the luxury of my hardwood flooring, supple leather furniture, and the finest cotton blankets on my feet.

So you're a cat.

being without shoes in the winter means you can slide around your hardwoods on sockfeet. which is fun. sliiiiide. and in the summer of course I don't need socks and shoes making my feet all hot.

unpopular opinion: I still prefer 2 spaces after a period.

I'm with Wake&Bake on this clothes thing. I often hit the gym after work, so I'm in workout clothes when I get home, which I might change out of if I'm too sweaty. But I usually wear khakis and a dress shirt to work. If I'm just sitting around the house after work, I'm not changing until bedtime. And I sleep in boxer shorts. Jammies are for the gheys.

On the weekend, jeans or khakis and a t-shirt or polo, depending on the plans for the day. I don't hang out on the sofa in flannel pants all day on Saturday.

switching topics:

I'm tired of everyone acting like the current generation of armed forces are out there protecting American freedoms. What global threat is actually trying to infringe on what we are doing here in the U.S? Obviously the folks who served in WW2 can make such a claim, but do we honestly think that our continued fight in the ME and Afghanistan is necessary to preserve our freedom?

let the neg rep commence

So did you read this too?

You don’t protect my freedom: Our childish insistence on calling soldiers heroes deadens real democracy

I'm with Wake&Bake on this clothes thing. I often hit the gym after work, so I'm in workout clothes when I get home, which I might change out of if I'm too sweaty. But I usually wear khakis and a dress shirt to work. If I'm just sitting around the house after work, I'm not changing until bedtime. And I sleep in boxer shorts. Jammies are for the gheys.

On the weekend, jeans or khakis and a t-shirt or polo, depending on the plans for the day. I don't hang out on the sofa in flannel pants all day on Saturday.

Khakis are acceptable business wear.

There is a lotta hate/envy for the white man out there. Its okay, David Masciotra, part of a democracy includes us protecting the opinions of vaguely educated, follically and fasionably challenged folk like your self. The white man is there for you, bro.

david-masiotra-c.jpg

switching topics:

let the neg rep commence

Well we have to give the troops something to do, otherwise, what are we spending $640 billion dollars a year for?

I think I'm starting to understand Mom Pants. If you have to wear real clothes around the house when you become a for-real grownup, they aren't going to be tight low-cut jeans because that's just not comfortable all day. So the waist gets higher, the pants get looser, and maybe add some elastic or a drawstring... you're wearing leave-the-house clothes but they sure aren't cute.

long live yoga pants at home!

I think I'm starting to understand Mom Pants. If you have to wear real clothes around the house when you become a for-real grownup, they aren't going to be tight low-cut jeans because that's just not comfortable all day. So the waist gets higher, the pants get looser, and maybe add some elastic or a drawstring... you're wearing leave-the-house clothes but they sure aren't cute.

long live yoga pants at home!

long live yoga pants EVERYWHERE!

Unpopular opinion: If anything describes itself as "craft", I'm ignoring it and not buying it.
Craft beer? Nope, give me a Miller Lite.
Craft burger? This doesn't even make sense, it is a fucking hamburger.
Somebody "working on their craft"? Unless you are a knitter or make paper mache sculptures for a living, that term doesn't apply.

Unpopular opinion: If anything describes itself as "craft", I'm ignoring it and not buying it.
Craft beer? Nope, give me a Miller Lite.
Craft burger? This doesn't even make sense, it is a fucking hamburger.
Somebody "working on their craft"? Unless you are a knitter or make paper mache sculptures for a living, that term doesn't apply.

lol, NEVER change

Back