Page 11 of 313 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular opinions

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by CDeacMan View Post
    I was thinking of this last night. Maybe this doesn't necessarily belong here and should be in a pet peeve thread or something, but I don't like it when things/people that came first or were revolutionary for some reason are ranked highly on GOAT lists. This certainly applies to sports.
    What should the GOAT be based on then?

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Umm...I think The Wall (Pink Floyd) is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyDeac View Post
    How could this be unpopular?

Maybe I chose a poor example, or worded it poorly. It's my favorite PF album (not arguing it's somehow the absolute and categorical "the best", just my favorite). But whenever it comes up there's always plenty of folks that seem to want to trash it or argue that some other PF music is waaayyy better. So that's what I was trying to get at.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    What should the GOAT be based on then?
    Whoever did something best or was the best at something. I've never seen Citizen Kane so I'm talking out of my ass, but from everything I've read the movie is so well regarded because it was the first movie to use many "modern" film-making techniques. Does that make it the greatest or just the first?

Syrup is gross.

Whoever did something best or was the best at something. I've never seen Citizen Kane so I'm talking out of my ass, but from everything I've read the movie is so well regarded because it was the first movie to use many "modern" film-making techniques. Does that make it the greatest or just the first?
    Gets at an interesting modern/post-modern question in filmmaking that leads to more and more experimentation. If everything has already been done, what can I possibly try to do differently or better. Citizen Kane may be the best because it pushed the entire canon of Western film to the next tier. And Orson Welles is just a boss.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    But then what is the greatest?

Pretty sure R. Kelly answered that one for you, Ph.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyONE View Post
    Syrup is gross.
    All syrup or maple syrup?

Simple syrup is pretty useful in lots of mixed drinks.

I agree that fake maple syrup (usually corn syrup with maple flavoring) is gross.

The real stuff is great.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Quote Originally Posted by WakeFanatic View Post
    I'm a proponent of making movie theaters that are showing certain films gas chambers. Like say this past summer the auditoriums where Grown Ups 2 was playing were converted to gas chambers. The crowd files in, the movie starts, the gas comes out. Boom, 2-300 idiots eliminated.
    Same for me except make it UNCG lecture halls.

rolling quads since 2002
    Both the beer and food at Foothills are quite tasty.

Angelina Jolie is not pretty enough to be called one of the most gorgeous women in the world.

The US should not fight other country's wars.

Maryland has the best state flag.

I pity [name redacted] (and realize that isn't really an opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by RollTheQuad06 View Post
    Both the beer and food at Foothills are quite tasty.
    How about the ketchup?

rolling quads since 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    How about the ketchup?
    it's too sweet for me. also I usually get a little side of beer cheese for my fries there, it's only like 80 cents or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTheQuad06 View Post
    it's too sweet for me. also I usually get a little side of beer cheese for my fries there, it's only like 80 cents or something.
    80 whole cents? You fancy, huh.
    Hungry

The Pumpfaker
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    But then what is the greatest?
    The greatest? The greatest movie? Easy....Lethal Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    All syrup or maple syrup?

Simple syrup is pretty useful in lots of mixed drinks.
    Maple syrup. Way too sweet and sticky. Even the real stuff that comes straight from the trees, it might taste ok if I just dab a little on my tongue, but I can't think of anything I would want to actually eat it with. I go with just butter and powdered sugar on pancakes and waffles. I realize I am in the minority.

Hot wings are better plain than with either blue cheese or ranch.

I never plan to own an American made vehicle.

I don't want pets. I don't like dogs or cats.

A lot of patriotism and thanking the troops comes off as fake to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HeltonCreek View Post

A lot of patriotism and thanking the troops comes off as fake to me.
    100% agree here. patriotism in general disgusts me.

^I agree with Helton about the troops/patriotism, I don't mind appreciation and patriotism in general, but grandiose empty gestures of support are bullshit IMO

Along those lines, it bugs me when people wear things that are suppose to raise awareness. Breast Cancer, AIDS, hysterical teenage pregnancy....whatever. It comes off as super self-righteous and it doesn't raise awareness of anything. I mean, I don't lose sleep over the fact that people do, but in my heart of hearts, I find it annoying and refuse to take part in it

Quote Originally Posted by Baconwfu View Post
    ^I agree with Helton about the troops/patriotism, I don't mind appreciation and patriotism in general, but grandiose empty gestures of support are bullshit IMO

Along those lines, it bugs me when people wear things that are suppose to raise awareness. Breast Cancer, AIDS, hysterical teenage pregnancy....whatever. It comes off as super self-righteous and it doesn't raise awareness of anything. I mean, I don't lose sleep over the fact that people do, but in my heart of hearts, I find it annoying and refuse to take part in it
    agreed in large part with the latter. somethings i think are important, and it relates mainly to things like bullying gay teens and ish. awareness is needed there. wish i still had my gay fine by me tshirt from wake. but we all know about breast cancer by now.