• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Hot wings are better plain than with either blue cheese or ranch.

I never plan to own an American made vehicle.

I don't want pets. I don't like dogs or cats.
A lot of patriotism and thanking the troops comes off as fake to me.

Yes. I kinda hate how they do the anthem at every single sporting event.

After re-reading Helton's post it becomes clear that he is a godless Communist. NTTAWWT.

I mean he's not on Phan's level, but he's damn near close.

there's nothing wrong with patriotism/nationalism. americans are just awful at it.

When I was in Brazil a few years ago, the gentleman we stayed with was telling me how, after 9/11, Brazilians were very sympathetic and supportive of the US and expressed that very openly. And then, when we attacked Iraq, their views of us changed and more importantly the fact that so few people in the US questioned the war was shocking to them. Its like they felt that the nation of Iraq wasn't responsible for 9/11 but most people in the US didn't seem to understand that or didn't care. Thats a prime example of blind patriotism.

He also told me that they were offended whenever people from the US referred to ourselves as "Americans", but most of us already know that.

When I was in Brazil a few years ago, the gentleman we stayed with was telling me how, after 9/11, Brazilians were very sympathetic and supportive of the US and expressed that very openly. And then, when we attacked Iraq, their views of us changed and more importantly the fact that so few people in the US questioned the war was shocking to them. Its like they felt that the nation of Iraq wasn't responsible for 9/11 but most people in the US didn't seem to understand that or didn't care. Thats a prime example of blind patriotism.

He also told me that they were offended whenever people from the US referred to ourselves as "Americans", but most of us already know that.

well that's one way of telling it. another is that we were completely misled from the top down.

New York Style Pizza. I mean, by rough estimate, there are 900 trillion pizza joints per person in New York City. Somehow, within this competitive environment, not a one of the purveyors of "New York Pizza" has yet considered the wild and crazy idea of maybe trying to do something—anything!—interesting with its pizza. Here is a comically large, thin wedge of dough with some indifferent, rubbery cheese smeared across it, and maybe a few greasy F-grade variants of the same bullshit toppings you can get on your lousy DiGiorno back in friggin' Topeka. Oooh, it's so New Yorky! In that it is overpriced and happy to coast along on a long-since-hollowed-out myth of Big Apple authenticity, just like everything else in this giant, bad-smelling amusement park for rich white people! New York pizza isn't even a genuine pizza genre. It's just lousy, half-assed pizza. Papa John's with a chip on its shoulder.

Also, I don't think plagiarism is a bad thing. My theory is that the person that plagiarized would have come up with the same material first had they thought about it.

New York Style Pizza. I mean, by rough estimate, there are 900 trillion pizza joints per person in New York City. Somehow, within this competitive environment, not a one of the purveyors of "New York Pizza" has yet considered the wild and crazy idea of maybe trying to do something—anything!—interesting with its pizza. Here is a comically large, thin wedge of dough with some indifferent, rubbery cheese smeared across it, and maybe a few greasy F-grade variants of the same bullshit toppings you can get on your lousy DiGiorno back in friggin' Topeka. Oooh, it's so New Yorky! In that it is overpriced and happy to coast along on a long-since-hollowed-out myth of Big Apple authenticity, just like everything else in this giant, bad-smelling amusement park for rich white people! New York pizza isn't even a genuine pizza genre. It's just lousy, half-assed pizza. Papa John's with a chip on its shoulder.

Also, I don't think plagiarism is a bad thing. My theory is that the person that plagiarized would have come up with the same material first had they thought about it.

I see what you did there.

90% of craft beer is fucking awful and is proliferated by a culture of foreveralone drunk hairy fat weirdos who now have meaning in their lives.

After re-reading Helton's post it becomes clear that he is a godless Communist. NTTAWWT.

I mean he's not on Phan's level, but he's damn near close.

Not a Commie by any means.

I prefer hot wings plain.

I prefer Japanese vehicles.

I do not want pets. I do not want to clean up anything an animal does (kids are fine though).

I don't mind the national anthem before games but the NASCAR way of doing all this just seems overly done, too expensive, and insincere.

Not surprisingly, Ted Cruz is not just wrong about politics, but everything:

"Um, I despise avocado. It’s the only food I dislike, and I dislike it passionately. Which is ironic, because I’m Cuban, and my dad grew up with avocado trees in his backyard. My whole family eats avocados like crazy, but I can’t stand them."

Hot wings are better plain than with either blue cheese or ranch.

I never plan to own an American made vehicle.

Hot wings are definitely better plain than with ranch. Blue cheese, it's up for debate.

By American-made, do you mean something from Ford/Chrysler/GM? Because a lot of their cars aren't made in the US (my Ford was made in Mexico which is still technically American I guess), and there are a lot of foreign car companies that do make their cars in the US (i.e. BMW in sourth carolina)

Somebody said it earlier I think, but I hate all the pink cancer shit in sports, especially the bats in baseball. The cause is great, but I don't need the entire sports world turning gay for a fucking month to raise money for breast cancer awareness and research.

Somebody said it earlier I think, but I hate all the pink cancer shit in sports, especially the bats in baseball. The cause is great, but I don't need the entire sports world turning gay for a fucking month to raise money for breast cancer awareness and research.

smh

90% of craft beer is fucking awful and is proliferated by a culture of foreveralone drunk hairy fat weirdos who now have meaning in their lives.

Nah, only about 50%. Of the remaining 50%, about 75% of that is a lot of redundant IPAs that all taste more or less the same.

Back