• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Is snow cream new? Never heard of it until my social media blew up with pics of girls doing it

My dad used to make us snow cream 30 years ago when we were kids so no it's not new.

My dad used to make us snow cream 30 years ago when we were kids so no it's not new.

Yeah, but we were eventually told pollution was too bad to keep making it. I grew up in Chernobyl.

Yep. We had it 30 years ago so I made some for E and me today. Way more about tradition than the actual snow cream for me. Didn't realize silly girls were doing it now. #sorrynotsorry

I'll probably get negrep for this one, but I wish I'd gone to UNC for undergrad instead of Wake. I would've still supported Wake the same as I do now, but I kinda regret that choice. Fuck UNC athletics.

I got no problem with that except I bet this part would not be true...

you'd be a hole now. so, be glad that didn't happen

I grew up in Winston as a Wake fan so no worries about changing allegiances. I might go to UNC for grad school in the fall and I most certainly won't root for them in anything.

So correct. Taking your kids outside with a bowl, scooping up some snow, going inside and making something delicious with it - WIN on so many fronts.

Shit ain't caviar. Nobody is claiming it is. But it's yummy and it's made from snow. GET ON BOARD.

Because crushed ice and water aren't snow.

I feel like grad school is different than undergrad, though, in terms of allegiances.

I feel like grad school is different than undergrad, though, in terms of allegiances.

Quite true. But when you attend to a '97 ACCT semifinal game as a nine year old and see Timmy fall short of winning three tournaments in a row at the hands of the Holes, that pain never entirely leaves you. Especially when you leave the Greensboro Coliseum in tears. When Wake fandom is burned into you at a young age, it's difficult to give it up.

Last edited:
Quite true. But when you attend to a '97 ACCT semifinal game as a nine year old and see Timmy fall short of winning three tournaments in a row at the hands of the Holes, that pain never entirely leaves you. Especially when you leave the Greensboro Coliseum in tears. When Wake fandom is burned into you at a young age, it's difficult to give it up.

Amen, Dino!

I feel that and I respect it. I dunno how old you are but I'm just sayin that spending 4 years in oh sweet chapel hill hopefully banging hot chicks, smoking grass in beautiful places, good music, parties, and having the time of your life and perhaps being there for a natty championship perhaps would have changed that perspective. perhaps not. but perhaps.

I feel that and I respect it. I dunno how old you are but I'm just sayin that spending 4 years in oh sweet chapel hill hopefully banging hot chicks, smoking grass in beautiful places, good music, parties, and having the time of your life and perhaps being there for a natty championship perhaps would have changed that perspective. perhaps not. but perhaps.

it doesn't, i know.

you can still do all those things and stay a wfu fan first and foremost.

Hot wings are better plain than with either blue cheese or ranch.

I never plan to own an American made vehicle.

I don't want pets. I don't like dogs or cats.

A lot of patriotism and thanking the troops comes off as fake to me.

I have actually heard service members complain about this. I have a friend who is single and a lieutenant on a destroyer. He supervises people pushing buttons and visits cool foreign ports. He loves his life. He gets annoyed with the thank you comments and free lunches on leave because he feels like the ones that should get all the attention are the guys being maimed or killed on the ground, either as front line troops or folks in the rear getting hurt in IED or other types of bombings. I saw a Navy pilot on CNN say this too...that they basically just fly lazy circles over Afghanistan with no risk of enemy engagement and drop GPS guided bombs occasionally when called upon. He disliked being called a hero, said the term has been watered down to the point of having no meaning. People often express the "thank yous" to make themselves look good on Facebook or bumper stickers too, instead of quietly writing a check to Wounded Warriors, etc., which shows a more sincere motivation.

All that said, to those who were or are in actual peril or are separated from wives and children thank you. And yeah I give annually to Wounded Warrior and the SEAL foundation.

And Big Bang Theory is awful.

Last edited:
That anybody could believe in a Divine Being.

I don't believe in momentum either.

It took me a few minutes to understand you're probably referring to "momentum" in the context of sports. Unless you don't believe in scientific FACTS.

It took me a few minutes to understand you're probably referring to "momentum" in the context of sports. Unless you don't believe in scientific FACTS.

I don't believe is mass*velocity!!!!!

Back