• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I got to the dentist about once every 3 years. I’ve never had a cavity. I floss, brush and rinse (in that order) religiously, so I’m sure that helps.

Just had leftover spaghetti squash chicken piccata for lunch. Continued to reinforce my opinion that spaghetti squash is superior to dried pasta.

Note: fresh pasta is still far better.

When we carve pumpkins for Halloween we have a ridiculous family tradition where we have to eat some of the gross raw pumpkin scrapings. That’s what spaghetti squash pasta tastes like. No sauce can cover that up.

the problem with spaghetti squash isn't the taste, it's that it can't absorb the sauce and you have a really hard time eating the sauce and the sauce together

Any and also veggie based pastas are terrible. My wife likes them and tries to have it with meatballs or sauce and holy shit do they all suck. The texture is so weird.

other than the taste, smell, and texture, veggie pasta is fine

Most dried veggie pasta does suck. We've tried the lentil, black bean, and others and they all have bad textures. Find the spaghetti squash texture fairly similar to really thin angel hair, but perhaps we're just #ELIte at cooking it. And it seems to absorb sauce pretty well. Zucchini/carrot noodles do not.

I really just like how I can eat a massive bowl of it at lunch with excellent other flavors, not feel miserably full, and then take an outstanding dump an hour later. I don't even like yellow squash, so my fairly newfound spaghetti squash love is def odd.

It must all be in the preparation. My wife generally doesn't eat squash but has a fondness for the Village Tavern's version of spaghetti squash with chicken.

Why don't you morons just eat some vegetables instead of trying to turn a perfectly good food into a vegetable ?

Not gluten free or anything, but large quantities wheat/corn based foods typically destroy my gut. Like to save those for the important times like fresh pasta/pizza or gorging fresh made tortilla chips at a Mexican place.

That’s a great one.

I use ground turkey as a replacement for ground beef in nearly every application (not burgers) for health reasons. And it can’t touch the deliciousness of ground beef. Hopefully my kids will grow up thinking differently because I push ground poultry as the normal offering.

Back