• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

People who get riled up about Facebook just have shitty friends.

This. If your Facebook sucks, you're just reaping what you sowed from sucking at life.

no, it's fucked up a generation.

Get off my lawn right here.

There are certainly negative consequences from it in society, but there are plenty more positives with social media in general. Facebook is a neutral player in a bigger movement of electronic communications. The bigger impact is on social interaction in general. It's evolved. I'm still on the fence as to whether that evolution is positive or negative.

I hate chocolate chips, chunks, nuts or anything with a hard texture in my icecream. GTFO with that mess.

No nuts in my pasties, cakes, cookies. Why ruin such soft and delicious textures with chunks of hard crap?

No nuts in my pasties, cakes, cookies. Why ruin such soft and delicious textures with chunks of hard crap?

Since the conversation has turned to nuts in your mouth, I feel like I should weigh in.

Variety of texture is good in any meal. Keeps it from being too boring. Anything huge like whole walnuts or brazil nuts aren't good, but some crushed pecans or slivered almonds add a lot to the enjoyment of a dessert

The degree to which women are obsessed with their children is creepy and weird.

The degree to which women are obsessed with their children is creepy and weird.

I think we can thank 24 hour news and the internet for this (and probably Facebook). Every crime, condition, disease...it all seems like it's happening next door even if it's 1,000 miles away or the odds are 1 in 100,000. Paranoia sells and people are buying...especially mothers, however well intentioned they are.

Facebook has done a great job of making people believe that anyone else actually gives a fuck about their pets, so yes it is evil and terrible and most be stopped.

Too many baby/pet photos? Unfriend. Too many stupid political posts? Unfriend. Vapid braggarts? Unfriend. Problem solved. If that's all your Facebook feed is filled with, you have shitty friends.

It's like swearing off e-mail because you don't like spam and are too dumb to use a spam filter.

Pro tip: The Like button tells Facebook what you like. Click on the stuff you like and you'll get more of it.

Back