• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I made the mistake of trying TGI Friday's at Heathrow about ten years ago. Hard pass...

My friend took his 5/9 yo daughters to Applebee's. On the way out the 5 yo asked him if they had to go there again because she didn't like it.

Chili’s and Applebees (and TGI Friday’s and Ruby Tuesday’s for that matter) are indeed the same. But Biscuitville is way better than like Tudor’s Biscuit World. Shake shack is way better than Burger King. Jersey Mike’s is way better than Subway.

There is a much greater Delta between top tier chains and garbage chains than there is in the grocery store realm.

I want to give you an opportunity to educate yourself and reevaluate that statement. Of all the things you've ever posted on this message board genuine or otherwise this statement is easily the most offensive by leagues.

It's the kind of statement that if we were tailgating at a game, I would give you an opportunity to retract the statement but then probably go straight to throwing hands.

I want to give you an opportunity to educate yourself and reevaluate that statement. Of all the things you've ever posted on this message board genuine or otherwise this statement is easily the most offensive by leagues.

It's the kind of statement that if we were tailgating at a game, I would give you an opportunity to retract the statement but then probably go straight to throwing hands.

Great example of Ph’s point that geography is the main reason for intense fandom of chain restaurants.

I’ve had both. I didn’t grow up with either one so I don’t have nostalgic attachments to one or the other. Biscuitville is way better.

BTW, Shake Shack costs three times as much as Burker King, and you have to wait 10 minutes for your food, so it better be way better.

this is the wrong thread, but shake shack is overrated

I agree. Too much salt. Also, it's impossible to live up to that kind of hype, so it's inevitably overrated.

unpopular opinion: having strong opinions about fast food is for people who can be claimed as dependents on someone else's income tax form

unpopular opinion: having strong opinions about fast food is for people who can be claimed as dependents on someone else's income tax form

I'm not arguing from a chain perspective, I'm arguing from a biscuit making technique perspective. Give me 10 cooks or chefs that know anything about making a biscuit, and they are going to hands down say that tutors biscuit world is doing it right compared to biscuitville.

I have lived in the Piedmont area since 99, and I have lamented about how s***** the biscuit selection is down here ever since.

I have never understood everyone's love for Cookout. It's just throwing a bunch of high school cafeteria quality food in a styrofoam container for 6 bucks.

In n out, too. Whataburger is the goat.

Dude Whataburger is hella overrated. Living in TX for four years I really wanted it to be great, but its not. The chicken tenders with the gravy is great drunk food doe.

P Terry's (a local ATX fast casual burger place) is a much better burger.

Last edited:
I have never understood everyone's love for Cookout. It's just throwing a bunch of high school cafeteria quality food in a styrofoam container for 6 bucks.

Big double burger tray. Cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce and grilled onions on that burger please. For my 2 sides I'll have a cajun wrap and a ranch rap and for my drink I'll have a large Cheerwine...

Will you have anything else?

Yes, I'll have a peanut butter oreo milkshake and that will do it.

Your total comes to $8

Back