• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

You were naming fast food which I think falls under a different category. In this category I think it’s sit down chains, for example the above, Cheesecake Factory trash, Applebee’s trash, Chili’s trash, and so on.

You were naming fast food which I think falls under a different category. In this category I think it’s sit down chains, for example the above, Cheesecake Factory trash, Applebee’s trash, Chili’s trash, and so on.

Cheesecake factory, cheesecakes are on point tho.

Panera Bread does some pretty amazing thing with soup in side a bowl made of bread. Good salads too. 2,159 locations in the US.

Surprised to see that Chopt only has 32 locations, but that's good stuff.

Del Friscos, very dependable.

I mean everyone goes to all those places, there are thousands of them, these are not unpopular opinions.

Houston’s is pretty good. There’s a regional knockoff here called 131 Main that is pretty good.

Cheesecake Factory has better food than >50% of non chains.

Possibly true. I am certain there are lots of terrible non chains. Every strip center has a few on average. But if Cheesecake Factory has better food than >50% of non chains what is the reason to go there? It would have to be better than, say, 99% of non chains. Unless you think you cannot find the best non chains and want to play it safe.

I try not to ever go to chain restaurant by choice other than occasionally getting a sausage biscuit or maybe 2 Wendy's burgers for $5. I'd rather give my money to local families and homemade recipes.

I try not to ever go to chain restaurant by choice other than occasionally getting a sausage biscuit or maybe 2 Wendy's burgers for $5. I'd rather give my money to local families and homemade recipes.

I didn't realize chain restaurants hired non-local people to operate.

I can get an edible meal at Chili's.

Brixx has 27 locations now and the pizzas are pretty good. Salads are better than average. Pasta is average. Beer selection is great.

Chili's has declined though. It all started when they scrapped their mushroom jack fajitas. Just a stupid, stupid move. I'll still take Chili's over Applebee's any day of the week, and I can find something edible at Applebee's. Probably. Haven't been there in a while.

That’s because people use the cilantro tastes like soap as an excuse to have rube tastes and just not like cilantro, very similar to how many people must have a gluten allergy.

It's not my fault you people think tide pods are a delicacy

Yeah breakfast food is hard to screw up, chain or otherwise.

I’ll admit, I see that Applebee’s commercial where it’s 5 boneless wings (aka frozen chicken nuggets) for $1 when you get a burger and think that’s probably a pretty good deal. Despite all the premade microwaved salt laden shit they serve, a burger is probably made fresh and can’t possibly be THAT bad. If the price is right on the burger that might be a decent combo deal. Of course I don’t even know where there’s an Applebee’s here since I think my generation killed them.

I ate something at an Applebee's in Fayetteville a few years ago and it was not good.

Back