• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

I love nice meals and really appreciate good food, but there are very few things I won't eat. I just had lunch from this kinda sketchy food truck that recently posted up in a lot near my house, and it was quite tasty. Weird, but still good. And man, I fucking love Taco Bell. People want to say that it's bad Mexican food, but I strongly disagree. It's not Mexican food, it's Taco Bell. It's its own glorious thing. I don't care what substances make up the ground "meat". I could eat that shit all day every day. I don't, but I could. Except for the one at Union Station here in DC. It's pretty fucking awful. As is the Bojangles two stalls down from it. The Taco Bell at the Philly train station though is money.

I haven't been in about ten years, but 30th Street Station (Philly) used to have a great soft pretzel stand just off the main room. It's by the escalators to the SEPTA trains.

I haven't been in about ten years, but 30th Street Station (Philly) used to have a great soft pretzel stand just off the main room. It's by the escalators to the SEPTA trains.

still there

There is a Kickback Jacks (typical trash chain sports bar) by me and every time we drive by you can’t even tell COVID is still a thing. But we are legit planning to head there one weekend post-second shot and order everything on the appetizer menu and just get trashed. Can’t wait.

Dude if you’re going to do trash sports bar in Durham you gotta go Carolina Ale House. Devine’s if you’re really feeling trashy.

Did you ever go to Satisfaction’s before they closed?

I don't get why Philly pretzels aren't everywhere. So much better than Wetzel's Pretzels or Annie Annes or whatever is always near me.

philly has the most overrated local foods in the world. pretzels and cheesesteaks, both overrated.

Dude if you’re going to do trash sports bar in Durham you gotta go Carolina Ale House. Devine’s if you’re really feeling trashy.

Did you ever go to Satisfaction’s before they closed?

I forget that there is an Ale House over by Target. The main appeal of Kickback Jacks is that we can walk a few blocks home after.

Been to Sati’s a bunch of times before it closed (lived in West Village for a year way back). Good spot. One night I let one of my degen friends convince me that we could take the remainder of our pitcher “to go” to Alivia’s across the street. That worked out about as well as you might expect. The new owner of Brightleaf is doing a ton of shit over there, will be interesting to see what kind of tenants they are able to land.

philly cheesesteaks are good the pretzels are hella overrated

Also never been to Devine’s I don’t think.

i have been to the places you people all talk about. it's good, but it's not life changing. someone even had me go eat some shit with broccolini and pork on it, which was annoying - if i'm going to eat a philly sandwich at least let me have the damn cheesesteak.

a cheesesteak is just as good as an italian beef sandwich from chicago.

Do you know the SEPTA/AMTRAK secret?

AMTRAK was about $100RT to the Garden.

SEPTA was under $30RT. It takes about 40 minutes longer and doesn't have a bar.

you mean from philly to NY?

like, taking septa to NJ and then NJ to NY as opposed to 30th st to penn station?

a classic, for sure

no bar, but plenty of people drink on the trains anyway

you mean from philly to NY?

like, taking septa to NJ and then NJ to NY as opposed to 30th st to penn station?

a classic, for sure

no bar, but plenty of people drink on the trains anyway

Exactly...you change to a waiting train in Trenton.

i have been to the places you people all talk about. it's good, but it's not life changing. someone even had me go eat some shit with broccolini and pork on it, which was annoying - if i'm going to eat a philly sandwich at least let me have the damn cheesesteak.

a cheesesteak is just as good as an italian beef sandwich from chicago.

If you are talking about Pat's or Geno's or Jersey Mike's, those are terrible examples.

I'm not a fan of the pork sandwich either.

Back