• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

Don’t know if this has been already said on this thread or not, but fuck it, it should be repeated. IPA’s fucking suck, they are bitter ass no good tasting pretentious garbage. Overdone and hardly ever done right. I think Two Hearted is the only one that doesn’t taste like complete ass and that shit is just barely tolerable. Fuck you, you hops ass, ass licking hipster ass fucks.

Also that clove tasting wheat shit can also get proper fucked.

Don’t know if this has been already said on this thread or not, but fuck it, it should be repeated. IPA’s fucking suck, they are bitter ass no good tasting pretentious garbage. Overdone and hardly ever done right. I think Two Hearted is the only one that doesn’t taste like complete ass and that shit is just barely tolerable. Fuck you, you hops ass, ass licking hipster ass fucks.

This is an absolutely terrible take. They're popular because they're delicious. But Juicy, and thread appropriate. I dig. It should be balanced with your beers of choice though, because if you come in with "I'm a whisky guy" then it's just an "I don't like beer" take.

This is an absolutely terrible take. They're popular because they're delicious. But Juicy, and thread appropriate. I dig. It should be balanced with your beers of choice though, because if you come in with "I'm a whisky guy" then it's just an "I don't like beer" take.

I like Mexican beers and session lagers.

Beer became wine at some point and hops became tannins, and the whole thing got fucked.

I need that 7-8% ABV to get me fucked up. 5% lagers don't do the trick

It is annoying how IPAs have taken over the world of beer though. >80% of the craft beers are hyper-hopped IPAs and there is such little variety. Let's get some porters, Ales, stouts, etc. on the shelves and in the taps.

This is truth.

I’ll agree with catamount. I dislike IPAs, yet that’s about all that’s available.

Would like a wider variety of brown/amber ales, lagers, etc.

Juicy IPAs are way better than hoppy IPAs. I’ve really been enjoying IPAs with lactose recently.

The older I get the more I stick to lager and session beers. I had a full bore IPA (i.e. not a session) the other day for the first time in months and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Did not enjoy.

I don't want to drink enough beer to get fucked up. I want a gentle buzz from beer. Liquor is for getting fucked up. The amount of liquid I'd have to intake to make me fucked up on beer would make me feel bloated and full and disgusting.

I don't want to drink enough beer to get fucked up. I want a gentle buzz from beer. Liquor is for getting fucked up. The amount of liquid I'd have to intake to make me fucked up on beer would make me feel bloated and full and disgusting.

agree with this. I never drink like Coors Light or anything like that. If I'm drinking beer it's usually an American craft beer, with the exception of Japanese beers if eating sushi or the occasional Mexican beer at a Mexican restaurant or on the beach. that said, I love me some IPAs. Hazies are good, but can be very hit or miss. Some are super juicy and delicious whereas others are really bland.

Does anybody actually like Porters? Can we just eliminate them?

I'm fairly indifferent to the #GreatIPADebate but have grown to prefer Juicy's and Sessions.

Does anybody actually like Porters? Can we just eliminate them?

I'm fairly indifferent to the #GreatIPADebate but have grown to prefer Juicy's and Sessions.

Dude, I love a coffee porter.

Back