• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

popular in the same way that two and a half men is the top show on television

Completely agree, but that's what this thread is about, right? Townie was saying that country music isn't really that popular and is one of the most hated genres. Just not true. I don't like it, just like I don't like Two and Half Men, but it is a wildly popular genre right now.

Kind of an interesting insight into how Rico perceives the world around him.

And who (among those who have tried it) doesn't like building a bonfire, frying catfish, drinking heavily, and playing with guns?

Until recent years, I would've never expected that I'd be spending an entire day in the woods doing those things. When I was in college I looked down on people who did. I doubt many board members enjoy that kind of thing.

Yeah dude country music is well past being a southern thing. Shit is popular everywhere. All Townie would have to do is to drive like an hour west of Philly and he'd be in area where country music is far more popular than anything else.

Which sucks because for the most part modern country music is the hottest of garbage.

I know it's wildly popular, but it's also widely hated. Real love-hate relationship this country has with...country.

I have tried and tried and tried to get into contemporary pop country, and ceaselessly failed. Caitlin Rose is the closest I've gotten. I guess I feel like it's a shitty, watered down version of what it once was, whereas bluegrass, Americana, Southern rock, and folk have all for the most part continued to get better and foster the best kinds of singer-songwriters that made country music [once] great.

My Red Lobster/Olive Garden opinion was more of a boards unpopular one.

As far as more general unpopular opinions, I didn't find The Exorcist to be that scary or really all that entertaining.

Zac Brown Calls Luke Bryan’s New Single ‘The Worst Song I’ve Ever Heard’

“There’s not a lot of the country format that I really enjoy listening to,” Brown tells Vancouver’s 93.7 JRfm. “If I hear one more tailgate in the moonlight, daisy duke song, I’m gonna throw up. There’s songs out there on the radio right now that make me ashamed to be even in the same format as some other artists.”

He calls out Luke Bryan’s recently released single, ‘That’s My Kind of Night,’ as a case in point.

“I love Luke Bryan, and he’s had some great songs, but this new song is the worst song I’ve ever heard,” Brown says. “I see it being giant commercially, successful within what is called country music these days, but I also feel like that the people deserve something better than that.”

I think pop country, like most pop music, is interesting because it's popular, yet it's popular to hate on as well.

Hockey is the best sport to watch, especially if you have no dog in the fight.

Maryland is a great state.

I loved Batman Begins, but I thought The Dark Knight was a sloppy mess of a movie.

Sriracha is overrated.

Ray > Reggie

Unpopular as far as the boards are concerned:

I believe in God.
I'm lean conservative.
I love rock music, specifically Christian rock music. (This does not fit my persona, I know. People think the same thing IRL.)
I love Michael Bay. Especially Transformers. I think he makes great actions films.
I do not enjoy drugs. This does not include alcohol.

Last edited:
Zac Brown Calls Luke Bryan’s New Single ‘The Worst Song I’ve Ever Heard’

“There’s not a lot of the country format that I really enjoy listening to,” Brown tells Vancouver’s 93.7 JRfm. “If I hear one more tailgate in the moonlight, daisy duke song, I’m gonna throw up. There’s songs out there on the radio right now that make me ashamed to be even in the same format as some other artists.”

He calls out Luke Bryan’s recently released single, ‘That’s My Kind of Night,’ as a case in point.

“I love Luke Bryan, and he’s had some great songs, but this new song is the worst song I’ve ever heard,” Brown says. “I see it being giant commercially, successful within what is called country music these days, but I also feel like that the people deserve something better than that.”

I think pop country, like most pop music, is interesting because it's popular, yet it's popular to hate on as well.

That's pretty funny coming from a guy who had a huge hit with a song that was essentially a lifted Jimmy Buffet bit, and who took a pretty good song about a couple and then released a special video for it that was "supporting the military."

Come on Zac, you're playing in the same sandbox as Luke, and you're digging up just as many cat turds as he is.

That's pretty funny coming from a guy who had a huge hit with a song that was essentially a lifted Jimmy Buffet bit, and who took a pretty good song about a couple and then released a special video for it that was "supporting the military."

Come on Zac, you're playing in the same sandbox as Luke, and you're digging up just as many cat turds as he is.

I was just going to comment on this. I like the song Chicken Fried well enough, but he's somehow claiming it's different than other country out now? Pshaw

Well I was raised up beneath the shade of a Georgia Pine
And that's home you know
Sweet tea, pecan pie, and homemade wine
Where the peaches grow
And my house it's not much to talk about
But it's filled with love that's grown in southern ground

And a little bit of chicken fried
Cold beer on a Friday night
A pair of jeans that fit just right
And the radio on
I love to see the sun rise
See the love in my woman's eyes