• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

an oft repeated myth; i can't find a great generic top 10 episode list, but here's a pretty solid one and the only episode that is dependent on lack of communication between characters is the Parking Garage.

Just off the top of my head:

Jerry/George are supposed to meet Elaine and her father for dinner.

Jerry and George fly to Hollywood to try and find Kramer

Bubble boy; Jerry loses George driving to the cabin

George cant find the theater that Jerry and Elaine are in

Jerry and Elaine fly back to NYC and Kramer and George go to the wrong airport to pick them up

an oft repeated myth; i can't find a great generic top 10 episode list, but here's a pretty solid one and the only episode that is dependent on lack of communication between characters is the Parking Garage.

And the Parking Garage would still work in 2014 if all the characters just had poor cell service in the parking garage.

i could conceive of a "modern seinfeld" scenario where kramer still doesn't have a cell phone

"Haven't you heard of a little thing called the NSA, Jerry?!"

Jerry and Elaine fly back to NYC and Kramer and George go to the wrong airport to pick them up

and The Flintstones doesn't hold up because we now have actual dishwashers and lawnmowers.

and Back to the Future 2 doesn't hold up because next year is 2015 and the closest we've gotten to Hoverboards is a fake Funny or Die commercial

and The Fugitive doesn't hold up because they could've like tracked down Richard Kimbel through the emails he would've sent.

sorry- this is the UNPOPULAR opinions thread. not "what are the best chocolate bars."

Haha I was responding to ITC's post directly above mine about some people probably liking those candy bars, I just forgot to quote it! Heck no, that doesn't belong on an "unpopular opinion" thread!

the humor doesn't come from not being able to connect via phone, but the awful, awkward time spent w/ her dad. plus jerry's ridiculous jacket

these two are both accurate, though you could explain the bubble boy away in about two seconds it on shitty reception out in the sticks

yes, but a pretty mediocre episode

they wouldnt know that until it was too late. most of the jokes come from the events at the airport for jerry and elaine, not the lateness or driving of george and kramer; them being ridiculous is the side plot, half of which could still happen because of the flight delay

I enjoy winter weather. It helps trap nitrogen in the soil and mosquitos aren't draining my blood.

Coach K is my favorite ACC coach. I know he is the enemy, but he is one of only a few coaches still coaching from when I was at Wake and I begrudgingly enjoy the fact that he is still around. It gives me someone to dispise during the season and reminds me of when I was in school. Roy Williams is just whiny and annoying.

the humor doesn't come from not being able to connect via phone, but the awful, awkward time spent w/ her dad. plus jerry's ridiculous jacket

these two are both accurate, though you could explain the bubble boy away in about two seconds it on shitty reception out in the sticks

yes, but a pretty mediocre episode

they wouldnt know that until it was too late. most of the jokes come from the events at the airport for jerry and elaine, not the lateness or driving of george and kramer; them being ridiculous is the side plot, half of which could still happen because of the flight delay

I don't think you understand my point. I am not contending that the humor comes from this, merely that the whole premise falls apart if communication is made (i.e. if Elaine calls them and says she is running late/won't be able to make it, they would have no reason to be there and be uncomfortable with her father.).

No biggie...I just don't enjoy it like I did when it was first on.

I don't think you understand my point. I am not contending that the humor comes from this, merely that the whole premise falls apart if communication is made (i.e. if Elaine calls them and says she is running late/won't be able to make it, they would have no reason to be there and be uncomfortable with her father.).

No biggie...I just don't enjoy it like I did when it was first on.

Pretty sure that Elaine does call them (or just her dad) to say she's running late. But her dad insists that they eat with him anyway.

Back