• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

This is because there is very very little biodiversity left in bananas (especially since they are cloned and not seed-produced) and fungal contamination is wiping out cultivars. There are some smaller farms that have other cultivars and we need to work on engineering those, but people get all scurred.

I love these ChicdeaC biology truth bombs.

So basically, the NCAA Tournament wouldn't be as exciting if it wasn't a tournament.

Gotcha.

That's not what I said. Seeding is less important in other postseason tournaments. The idea of upsets drives the excitement of the NCAA tournament.

That's not what I said. Seeding is less important in other postseason tournaments. The idea of upsets drives the excitement of the NCAA tournament.

Ah. So the NCAA Tournament wouldn't be as exciting if it didn't include 64 teams with a relatively low level of parity and a one and done format.

Gotcha.

The NCAA tournament is the most overrated major event in sports. Take the seeds off the screen, and the excitement is cut in half. It also climaxes in the first 48 hours.

Spoken like a true Deacon fan.

Ah. So the NCAA Tournament wouldn't be as exciting if it didn't include 64 teams with a relatively low level of parity and a one and done format.

Gotcha.

College basketball fields and impossibly large number of teams without schedule parity during the regular season, it's impossible for seeds to be properly assigned. Was WSU a true cinderella last year, or did they belong? A WSU run to the Final Four this year will be much less exciting because when they play their games they will have a #1 next to their name on the screen instead of a #9. We are conditioned this way as college sports fans. That's why we make such a big deal out of early FB season "upsets". Those numbers are largely arbitrary. The NCAAT is still very exciting, especially the first 2 rounds, but of the major American sporting events, it's overrated.

Undershirts are uncomfortable and unnecessary. Wear clinical strength antiperspirant/deodorant instead.

false. if your shirt is a thinner material or light in color, you should definitely wear an undershirt. if you are wearing a suit with a light shirt and no undershirt, that (to me) is as bad as no belt, or brown belt/black shoes. superdonk move.

false. if your shirt is a thinner material or light in color, you should definitely wear an undershirt. if you are wearing a suit with a light shirt and no undershirt, that (to me) is as bad as no belt, or brown belt/black shoes. superdonk move.

Lol no. Visible undershirts are as donk as it gets.

I've suspect Brangus was just trolling, but the undershirt post confirms.

College basketball fields and impossibly large number of teams without schedule parity during the regular season, it's impossible for seeds to be properly assigned. Was WSU a true cinderella last year, or did they belong? A WSU run to the Final Four this year will be much less exciting because when they play their games they will have a #1 next to their name on the screen instead of a #9. We are conditioned this way as college sports fans. That's why we make such a big deal out of early FB season "upsets". Those numbers are largely arbitrary. The NCAAT is still very exciting, especially the first 2 rounds, but of the major American sporting events, it's overrated.

Seeds are arbitrary?

They are largely so, because the schedules are inherently unbalanced. There is an assumption of an apples to apples resume comparison which is ineffective.

The higher seeds have a strong winning percentage, which is why upsets are a big deal. Isn't that evidence that seeds aren't arbitrary?

The higher seeds have a strong winning percentage, which is why upsets are a big deal. Isn't that evidence that seeds aren't arbitrary?

I never said they were completely arbitrary. I said they were "largely so"

Back