• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

oh noes.

then, unpopular opinion: flip flops are acceptable to wear all summer long anywhere casual.

its a two-phase sound - the first part is that sound of it pulling from the sweaty foot skin, and the second is the slap-back. fffffft-slap fffffft-slap, ffffft-slap. yuk

my flip flops don't actually flip or flop, they are just hanging out there on my feet not making noise. I do have ugly runner feet but I'm not sorry for letting them be all out there. shoes are the worst, the closer to barefoot the better.

oh noes.

then, unpopular opinion: flip flops are acceptable to wear all summer long anywhere casual.

As long as the woman isn't overweight and doesn't walk like a duck. If either of those is true then that sound and look does become annoying.

As long as the woman isn't overweight and doesn't walk like a duck. If either of those is true then that sound and look does become annoying.

Uh, if you're overweight or walk like a duck, you have bigger problems than what noise your sandals make.

Men wearing short pants to work. :rulz: I don't know, but short pants on men - unless you are doing recreation and casual fun - fucking lame. You look like a little boy at Easter when you wear shorts out to eat with your shirt tucked into them and your socks and sneakers.

Did you really just elongate shorts to short pants?

I like the term Toddler Gigantus:

toddlermen2.jpg

One of the more amusing human tribes found along the Las Vegas strip (and the entire US for that matter) are the male species of the lumbering Toddler Gigantus. Easily spotted, they appear not as grown adults, but as oversized toddlers who adorn themselves in outfits one would normally see on a 18-month old. Borrowing from the mix-n-match concept established by children's clothing maker Garanimals, the Toddler Gigantus can easily dress themselves simply by pulling on a pair of roomy elastic-waist bottoms and pairing them with an adorable tent-like t-shirt embellished with charming sport logos or Ed Hardy knockoff images of skulls and knives (which the Toddler Gigantus perceives as making him look edgier). To complete the look, the Toddler Gigantus will choose to lumber around in puffy and often unlaced clodhoppers that resemble soft little baby booties. More extreme tribal members of the Toddler Gigantus will often match his baby booties to go with the rest of the outfit, thus creating a colorful ensemble of coo-worthy attention.

http://www.resplendentchaos.com/2008/12/las-vegas-chron.html

my flip flops don't actually flip or flop, they are just hanging out there on my feet not making noise. I do have ugly runner feet but I'm not sorry for letting them be all out there. shoes are the worst, the closer to barefoot the better.

AMEN

Las Vegas is almost completely uninteresting to me. I'll go anywhere once, but I'd be the guy suggesting a Hoover Dam trip (or more likely, Valley of Fire State Park). I am not ashamed of this fact (and no, I'm not married).

The ol' rope a dope on this one. Lulled us to sleep with some meh opinions, then BOOM drop the hammer with that last one.

Well, it's justified in my case. I'm allergic to dogs and I was mauled by two different dogs and two separate occasions when I was 9 and 10. Plus, my cat is fucking awesome.

Well, it's justified in my case. I'm allergic to dogs and I was mauled by two different dogs and two separate occasions when I was 9 and 10. Plus, my cat is fucking awesome.

I THOUGHT YOU WERE MAULED BY SHARKS!!!!!

I don't like Faulkner. I think he is one of the most overrated writers ever, and his legacy has been preserved and exaggerated by Ole Miss because other than being the home to a high percentage of gorgeous women, which is a notable plus, Ole Miss has very little going for it. Even the other SEC schools make fun of its horrid academics.

Dissing Hemingway is one thing, but Faulkner? GORDO

Same with DeacInVermont and his goopy salsa.

Back