• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

well, i'd say that's kind of a narrow job description but I agree, the hero-worship of our military IS a little weird

by the same token, do we really need the national anthem played before every sporting event? like a Tuesday night Nats/Marlins game...is that necessary?

Nah. Crystal Skull is the 4th best. It is a little underrated though. It gets a bad rap for some of the same reasons Temple of Doom gets hate, its supernatural elements are outside of Judeo-Christian normative mythology.

I agree with this. My buddy said he hated it because it was "so unbelievable and unrealistic."

by the same token, do we really need the national anthem played before every sporting event? like a Tuesday night Nats/Marlins game...is that necessary?

Yes, because it's part of the game day experience and gives someone some time in the sun

I don't think this is unpopular, but the Star Spangled Banner is a boring-ass song.

Nah. Crystal Skull is the 4th best. It is a little underrated though. It gets a bad rap for some of the same reasons Temple of Doom gets hate, its supernatural elements are outside of Judeo-Christian normative mythology.

Yeah if they had made basically the same movie in 1994 I definitely wouldn't have disliked it so much. Harrison Ford and Karen Allen wouldn't have looked way too old, Shia LaBeouf wouldn't have been in it, and there wouldn't have been a ridiculous overuse of CGI.

and because Indy survives a nuclear blast by hiding in a fridge.

back to unpopular opinions, and it is a doozy: we give entirely too much respect/honor to our current members of the armed forces. Those that served in WW2 and earlier conflicts completely deserved it and more, but the current generation is doing very little to preserve our freedoms. It's cool they want to volunteer, but I'm tired of having to act like they are the only thing keeping some foreign force from invading.

Haha, this is the definition of an unpopular opinion, but I get it.

I don't mind giving respect to our service-members, but I do mind the charade that they are somehow "honorable" people or morally superior because of their line of work. Some 19-year old bro in the air force reserves was trying to get with my 16-year old sister once, so, naturally, my other sister and I asked him what he thought he was doing. We knew he knew she was 16, so it was pretty fucked up. He got offended that we thought he was trying to get in her pants, and came back with the retort, "I'm in the fucking military. You think I would do something like that?"

Actually, yes I do. Given all the military rape and suicide problems, I'm not exactly inclined to trust you because you're in the military.

now we're shitting on umbrellas? do you guys like getting into your car soaking wet or walking around in a store/restaurant with a soaked shirt/jacket?

Umbrellas are dumb. Just wear a jacket. It's rain.

maxresdefault.jpg

Townie's wet dream.

Back