• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unpopular opinions

if it's a hard rain and you're just wearing a rain jacket don't your legs get soaked

if it's a hard rain and you're just wearing a rain jacket don't your legs get soaked

I don't use an umbrella but going from the parking garage to my office today it was raining so hard sideways that my pants got SOAKED. Horrible.

townie, brasky, millennials, etc.
broken_umbrella_by_nastynoser.jpg

boogity just jizzed everywhere

Like, yeah, umbrellas are cumbersome, a pain to keep track of, and don't keep you in a perfect protective bubble of dryness, but to not use them because of that is kind of foolish when there are no other better options except in comic books.

In a group, low umbrella wins - they get underneath your umbrella and their run-off is going on you.

Maybe like ITC said it's just differing life experiences but I can't remember ever having these fierce umbrella fights. It sounds like some of you are using umbrellas in a roller derby or something. WTF just don't walk so close to people when holding/when they are holding umbrellas.

Maybe like ITC said it's just differing life experiences but I can't remember ever having these fierce umbrella fights. It sounds like some of you are using umbrellas in a roller derby or something. WTF just don't walk so close to people when holding/when they are holding umbrellas.

lol... been to a city before?

except bdz who i can only assume is a dwarf.

No, I'm pretty tall. If it's moderately raining and I have a choice between some goofy raincoat or a decent umbrella, I take the umbrella 100 times out of 100.

And yeah, kind of a pain in the ass on a busy sidewalk, but, again, way better than the alternative.

No, I'm pretty tall. If it's moderately raining and I have a choice between some goofy raincoat or a decent umbrella, I take the umbrella 100 times out of 100.

And yeah, kind of a pain in the ass on a busy sidewalk, but, again, way better than the alternative.

I%27m_melting.jpg

When you have an umbrella, you have to dodge other people's umbrellas and just pay enough attention to not poke someone else in the eye, which isn't hard. Don't be rolling around with a big-ass golf umbrella in Times Square.

When you're wearing a rain coat, you still have to dodge other people's umbrellas, but you also have wet pants.

Screw wet pants, I can handle lifting my umbrella a few inches as necessary

Back